Location , Location , Location | SouthernPaddler.com

Location , Location , Location

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
As the realtors say , Location ,Location ,Location.
A really nice today , it cooled down some from the 85 yesterday to 72 today. Bright blue sky's with some white puffy clouds drifting about.
Made me want to get outside and take my old convertible for a spin. It's 22 years young and runes like a top. Checked the battery , dusted off the seat , filled the gas tank. Kicked the tires , front left was low so I put some air in it. Got my floppy hat on , put the key in the slot , gave it a twist , the motor started right up. Shoved the clutch in , dropped it in gear and took off. A slight breeze was blowing and even in the sunlight it felt cool and nice. Best of all I had a insulated tumbler of Tea and ice in the cup holder.

It's always a production the 1st time in the new year when I get the John Deer , Lawn Tractor , out and have to mow the grass. Even if I have to say it , the Yard looks nice and trimmed.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
The older I get the more I appreciate the location thing. You're taking the convertible for a spin and in Kansas it's way to cold and they are digging out for the fist time this year. In Central Texas I'm going fishing. Thankful we can change location. Spoiled I guess!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some folks I know have been bundled up this winter. Down here I have not changed from shorts and short sleeves , our winter has been a bummer so far.
If we wanted some frost on the pumpkin we would have to ship it north. Which means the bugs are still out and about , no not the ones on the news media every day.
I'm referring to the TICKS and other normal ones that like to use campers as a buffet line. Heck , even the weeds are still growing and have not been knocked back by cold weather.
Use to be in the middle part of October you could bet on cold weather if not then a sure deal the 1st part of November. By middle November frost. I've seen it snow down here ( Central Florida , 3 times ) in December and January , apparently never more.