Michigan - Au Sable River - May 04 | SouthernPaddler.com

Michigan - Au Sable River - May 04

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
7 & 8 May 04 (Fri & Sat): Hurrying & scurrying to get ready. Added a modified seat to the Katie Bug canoe (13’ Christine designed by Selway-Fisher, built by moi). Didn’t do a great job of modifying, so loaned my Olde Town Camper canoe to my Son, Eric. This isn’t a great handling canoe even dual, and is a barge solo. (This does, however, fit in with a theory of mine. If his first solo on a river is in a barge, every canoe from there will be a step up. His first two jobs as a kid were two paper routes, then as a bus boy in an “all you can eat buffetâ€Â

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
LOL ya'll did have it made! Sound friends, beautiful woods and what's this I read? Unscheduled baths!? I just assumed it was an Eskimo roll you performed for everyone..... :lol:
Did Al have his new canoe out on this trip?
Will Bud or Eric speak to you again?
So many questions to ask...... so little time to get ready for Canada.....
Jack you sound like you all had a wonderful adventure! Wish I could have gone.... one day.....

swampy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Swampy said:
(SNIP) Jack you sound like you all had a wonderful adventure! Wish I could have gone.... one day.....
Well, olde feller, your kind words are appreciated. But, after long consideration, pink tutus included, we voted to keep it an all guy trip. So, you probably wouldn't have apprecitated the foul smells, behavior, and language.

Maybe, if you can leave behind the femalia attire etc. we'll let you sleep near the fire in Canada. Without Chuck there to reign you in, I guess we'll have to run a duty roster of whose day it is to watch you. With your geriatric gymnstics, we'll have to run a night watch too. Maybe even bring along a medico to soothe your aches and pains as you fall from the child-proof hammock.

Well, OK, Swampus Plungicus. You can join the men around the fire at night. Just be careful to not get too close.

A

Anonymous

Friend Kayak Jack,

That wuz a mitey fine tale. Throw anuther log on the fire.

Swampy, reckon yer gwine ta "stand out" a bit up yonder on the tundra? What if they all dress like Dapper Al? :lol:

regards,

bearridge
bodine school of oral history & fashion design

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Bro Bar.... I'ma thinkin they do! :shock:

Recon our bib overauls will stand out? :p

Daper Al is mighty clean shaven guy, I don't think these other ones are. I haz a picture of one of 'em wit a Looney Toon tie on! :shock:

But if'in Al kin stand 'em, I recon we'll go along too!

I do know that they wanted the Loon fer their state bird..... :roll:

But then I can't blame them fer that one.... better than these robins that tear up the yard during winter.... :wink: They wasn't thinkin about the Loon bird but some place in Dearborn ... Elouise I think.... :lol:

swampy