Michigan's Au Sable River | SouthernPaddler.com

Michigan's Au Sable River

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
tales from the log
..............................of the
............................................RUPTURED DUCK

by Jack Voss < [email protected] >. (I don't have twenty years of paddling experience. But I do have, oh, maybe a years worth - repeated several times.)

This was posted before, but got lost. Some FNG's haven't seen it, so here it is. Au Sable River - May 98

Its been said, that the difference between a fairy tale and a war story, is that the fairy tale is begun with Once upon a time, ....Â

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

You said ......" Next year can't come too soon. Whenever you look at the moon on the clouds, or into a fire, or see geese riding high in the sky, I’m with you. We are one...... or maybe we're seven."

I think you are wrong about just the 7 enjoying the outdoors and right now I would be willing to say 68 & Bearridge...Not counting your Bear. :D
Chuck.

A

Anonymous

Friend Kayak Jack,

That wuz top notch. Thanks.

an admirin',

bearridge

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks!

Thank's Jack, you Silver Tounged Devil! You brought some pleasant memories back of a trip I had thru Algonquin with some friends. :) One of them gone now. I needed that tonight here at Ice Station Zebra.---Jim.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Thanks Jack sounded like a great trip. I have good friend that has a cabin in McKinnley, I spend many weekends there in the summer. I have only paddled locally there and am looking forward to some longer trips this year. Duane
P.S. I got the keys to his place.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Hi Jack .Have ya had a chance to float the south branch of the ausable through the Mason trac. its a blue ribbon,flies only( mine will be sulpher emergers),No kill section. Its awesome.
Duane