Middle Atlantic Paddling Links..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Middle Atlantic Paddling Links.....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Sitt'n here in single digits and fair weather dream'n. Thought I'd post this for anyone that may pass thru someday and look'n for a place to paddle.
The Commonwealth(PA) sucks for living($$$), but the paddlings nice....So is WV and MD

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/watertrails/trailindex.htm

Maryland
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/outdoors/boating.html

West Virginia
http://www.wvwhitewater.com/rivers.cfm

Shenandoah River Virginia, Geezer Capable and lots o fish...Good day trip if your traveling thru the area.
http://www.shenandoahriver.com/entrance.html

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Well knock me down and steal muh teeth BB! Ya gotta be real careful invit'n those deep South boys up here with snow lay'n around! They think the stuff is grits and start chomp'n away. Now the problem arises when they see yellow snow, they thinks it's yellow grits and really go to chomp'n! You know how they love yellow grits.

Come North Swampus and welcome, just come May thru October! Up in MI, probably July and August!

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
LOL, Jack is the one who eats yellow gritz.... :lol:

Uz suthern guyz stat up nawth and when it gets to cool fer us we turn around an head south .....

Iz snow that stuff ya make ice cream outta ? :lol:

BB... I can tell yer havin fun sittin down an lookin out yer windows at...
an thinkin GRITZ! :lol:

swp

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Swampy said:
LOL, Jack is the one who eats yellow gritz.... :lol:

Uz suthern guyz stat up nawth and when it gets to cool fer us we turn around an head south .....

Iz snow that stuff ya make ice cream outta ? :lol:

BB... I can tell yer havin fun sittin down an lookin out yer windows at...
an thinkin GRITZ! :lol:

swp

You got it Bubba!
Nice sunny day at the Quiet Water Symposium. Met Jack's son Eric, granddaughter Katie and lots of other pleasant folks. Most of the crew from the Miji trip were there. Lotsa purty boats too.

This ice will melt someday..... :cry:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Oldyaker sez:

Come North Swampus and welcome, just come May thru October! Up in MI, probably July and August!

Not quite right--some years Michigan we has just 2 seasons:
1. Winter
2. July 4th :cry:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
draino said:
Sorry I missed the symposium, I know I missed a bunch of fun. Just got caught up in things here. See ya'll on the river,marsh,lake and freeway.

Draino

'Twas some fun... lots of good folks and good boats.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
It's time for the nawthern geezers to look for a paddle in th' south this fall.
Or maybe a spring fling , such as the Buffalo River Trip this April.

Having to be ice locked from enjoying the river (s) has GOT to be a major bummer. "Cabin Fevor" isn't a matter down here. Fishing, camping and paddling is almost year round here in the Carolinas. What we call cold weather camping would be fall weather to the nawthern crews. In April begins warm days and cool nights ( ~50+ F). Days avg 70+F.

Then to recipecate, we southerns want to paddle some of the great rivers of the north. The Sand River that Jack, BB, Draino, and Al so loves is one that all down here would find beautiful and fun. The PM river on the west side of the state (MI) is another "must paddle". Yak has very great paddles near him. This country truely has beautiful and thrilling waters to put a paddle into. Each state has many grand rivers to paddle.

I speak of Geezers, I refer to all. Anyone who dreams of slow days on the river, camping with friends, and wanting to experince the outdoor feelings have entered the "Old Geezers" realm. It's not an age thang.... It's a mood.... :wink:

swampy

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Swampy said:
entered the "Old Geezers" realm. It's not an age thang.... It's a mood.... :wink:

swampy
Wife and I we're floating down the Youghiogheny River last fall, real quiet, sun streaming down thru the trees, gurgling of the water, very sureal, I made the comment, I wonder if our journey to heaven is like this, she said, "I hope so....."
Is it a religion, cult, feng shei, or a dream walk and dream time like the Aussy Natives? Or does it even matter? Just do it! So many Geezers Trips, so little time....