Clicky

Millcreek 16.5 Hybrid 50/50 Kayak

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Starting to look like a boat! It looks even better in the flesh. I like the shape and lines of the hull. The panels flow into each other and that gives it a soft profile. My fishing trip was canceled so I'll be by to help :roll: (ie. watch and ask questions).

beekeeper

swampwood

Aug 6, 2010
Bayou State - Louisiana
Finally figuered the highlights out in the front. :idea:
They will be tiger maple and cocobolo. :D
I have not figured out the back pattern yet, but working on it. :idea:
The cypress strips will finish out yellow-orange (lighter strips) and brownish-black (darker strips) :!:

Attachments

Last edited:

swampwood

Aug 6, 2010
Bayou State - Louisiana
Ron,
The last build I decided to not go with a kit and by the time I bought all the materials, I saved around $100.00 dollars and spent alot more in time.
After researching this boat more from people that have built and paddle them alot and some even race them. It tracks well with 2 people and will paddle well with a single paddler with the weight distributed or you can use the rudder. Also they say it is fast.

swampwood

Aug 6, 2010
Bayou State - Louisiana
tx river rat said:
I am surprised at the fast statement normally the flat bottoms are a middle of the road hull. Show us the bottom sometime if you can ,I am curious.
Ron
Ron,
The foot print on this boat is basically the same as the Skinny piroque you built. With one big difference. The first 2 side panels are on around 40 degrees.
It is 21" flat bottom and 33" beam. All the edges are rounded. It is a sleek design.
I will take a picture of the bottom.