Missouri Trout fishing | SouthernPaddler.com

Missouri Trout fishing

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Paul, I can show you the "Holy waters" of trout fishing on the Au Sable River. Fellows like W.C. Durant, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, etc. used to fish here. Further north, near Sceney on the Fox River, is where Papa Hemingway fished. (He said it was the Tow Hearted River to keep other fishermen off hs waters.)

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I don't fish for them very often, But on occasion when someone comes down from the homeland we'll go catch a few for them to take back kind of a rarity here in the midwest. I like eating walleye and crappie and perch some times a catfish if they're from clean water. As for fly fishing I tried that a few times but the trees and rocks and weeds kept getting in the way.

jvmorton2002

Jan 22, 2008
Wichita,KS
Heck, the trees and rocks in the way are what make fly fishing challenging... If I hadn't figured out how to roll cast I'd be out of luck at most of the places I fish... just wish I could catch trout- the fish and wildlife people put about a thousand of them in every 2 weeks and I can't get on them to save my life LOL, but the crappie, bluegill, and bass love the flies! Guess I'll have to come across the border and catch me some of the trout over there!

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Come on over anytime Mort bring the new boat and we'll do some drift fishin on Taneycomo. We'll make sure you catch enough for 2 skillet full.
Paul