Moccasin Seat | SouthernPaddler.com

Moccasin Seat

PeteStaehling

Aug 23, 2020
Tallahassee Florida
Has anyone built a seat like the one from B and D Yachts for their Moccasin canoe? I have been looking at various pirogue seats and it caught my eye. I figure the plans could be followed or dimensions could be winged to just about any preferred dimensions. I thought it might be fun to try that design.

I built a seat for myself more or less following Uncle John's plans and like it quite well but figured I'd offer my wife a variety of options if she decides she wants a seat built so I have been considering what the options might be.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I'm sort of partial to the one from Uncle Johns. I'm the guy who created it and made the 1st one to use in my Uncle John Pirogue. John liked it so I gave him the plans for it. This way it could be used in his other pirogues.
You might want to look at Beekeeper and how he modified his version of it.

Page two of this article...

Knowing wives ( been married 56 years , to the same woman ) you better make more then just one different one and then it will not be enough. ;).

PeteStaehling

Aug 23, 2020
Tallahassee Florida
Yes I like the seat you designed and that UJ sells the design for. The one I built seems very comfy. I have read that thread and Beekeepers version looks nice as well. I know what you mean about wives, I have been married to mine since 1972. I'd make her as many seats as she wants though :)