Modern Day Drifter.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Modern Day Drifter....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
http://www.clydesisler.com/index.htm

I have mentioned this Guy before in the General section. He is what you would call a modern day drifter. It is also doing something alot of us may have dreamed of doing in our lives. Chuckles thinks he may have met this fellow in GA one time. Anyway, I keep up with his travels, and since I have been kind of out of sorts the past couple days, I have been catching up on his travels. He is a big time paddler and camper. I think you will enjoy the pictures and he has alot of links on his link thread. Real interesting how he outfitted his van to travel the country. Good rainy day site to visit.......after SouthernPaddler of course. :wink:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Good link mate.

This bloke is living the dream and bloody good on him :D

Thank you for sharing this one. :D I will be returning to it often. :D :D

We would call what he is doing, "going walkabout" :D

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Just thought of it Mick! This is what Chuckles will be doing for three weeks vey soon.....Going Walkabout! He ain't bad reading maps....just DON"T GIVER HIM A TIDE CHART! That would be cruel and inhumane! :mrgreen:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Just thought of it Mick! This is what Chuckles will be doing for three weeks vey soon.....Going Walkabout! He ain't bad reading maps....just DON"T GIVER HIM A TIDE CHART! That would be cruel and inhumane! :mrgreen:

Yep , going to just bounce my way nawth then get into a foreign country with funny money , something called Loonies and I thought they were only on here. "O" Well it will be an education for this southern boy , specially when at some restaurant ( Chomp n Choke) in that foreign country and asking fer some grits , sweet taters or sweet tea.
Besides all of the folks from there talk funny , they don't sound like us down here ... Hat all , Ya All.:roll:

Maps are fun to read they take you into an area and bring you back out unlike tide charts which try to make you stay where you are. I gave up on tide charts since I know the tide is always against me , who needs a chart for that information.

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey Yak I read up on his latest trips. Man he has got alot of pretty pics especially from idaho. I totally envy this guy. :( That must be some life wandering here & there .

Maybe I get to do that some day when I retard & mean retire. :wink: :D Thanks Yak for lastest update. (cat)