Mohawk Question. | SouthernPaddler.com

Mohawk Question.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day guys,

I am chasing information on a Mohawk 18'6" canoe.

Is anybody here familiar with the boat. All I know is its length and that it was originally yellow in colour and that it was made in 1980. If so, what were they designed for? Mohawk themselves don't seem to know much about this particualr boat.

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Sounds like one of the old Jensens. I think they used to be made under the MoHawk name. Racing or fast touring models? The old mohawk site used to have a scanned info sheet on them but I'm not seeing it on the new site. Whats the beam? Tractor seats?

digr57

Feb 1, 2008
Tallahassee fl
Mick Mohawk made some 17' 4" fiberglass models mostly for rental fleets. Go to paddling.net and check out there paddling reviews. I always check there if i'm looking at a boat.

Russ

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day and thanks guys.

A bloke in England has just bought it. It measures 18'6" and has confirmed it with Mohawk (US) as being one of their by the manufacturer's serial number on it. Even the crew at Mohawk don't seem to know very much about this particular model other than that it was made in 1980 (by their records)

I just thought that some of you guys might have been able to help. Thanks anyway. :D I reckon its a real nice looking boat.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
digr57 said:
Mick Mohawk made some 17' 4" fiberglass models mostly for rental fleets. Go to paddling.net and check out there paddling reviews. I always check there if i'm looking at a boat.

Russ

OK ... What made the very nice person say *%##(&^@ %#@ on here , "O" the SHAME of it. Those ^%$#@&^ don't know there head from there other hole.

To mention a great canoe in the same sentence with there name , That is a direct violation of ethics , good sense , manners , and all things decent. Then to actually post there name on this web site , that calls for three lashes with a wet noodle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please forgive him for he does not know what he has violated but if he likes them , all the more power to him.
Personally I would not take three steps to urinate on them if they were on fire , now if I had a can of gas. :p Till them I like to forget they are out there and let them flounder in there own stupidity , greed and antiquated prehistoric thinking.

Just my thought's and no one elses , if you like them , all the more power to you.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
NOTE to all SP members. Kayak Jack and Chuckus Flatulenticus agree on this issue. Mark that down.

Jack , I guess we were the only ones burned , insulted , mislead , lied to, abused and brused by them , not forgetting Andy since he got singed on that one episode.

Yep , they are not my favorite folks and I do not trust them on anything they tell me , if they said it is raining outside ... I would have to walk outside and see. Chance's the sun would be shinning with a perfectly beautiful day.

Chuck.

digr57

Feb 1, 2008
Tallahassee fl
Ooops looks like i touched a nerve there. Sorry guy's aint been around that long. I think i know what you're refering to just had not put 2 & 2 together till now as no names were mentioned

Russ