More Stove Pics | SouthernPaddler.com

More Stove Pics

islandpiper

Here is one of the little stove/cookers I carried last weekend. Only the best tin cans in this rig!!

Here it is put together to carry:
DSCF0117-1.jpg

And all spread out:

DSCF0112-1.jpg

And set up to cook:
DSCF0115-1.jpg

Just the stove:

DSCF0114-1.jpg

And the camp spoon with a little tab bent on the end so it won't slide into the pot

DSCF0113-1.jpg

Now, this won't cook a whole brisket or a pot of gumbo, but it makes hot water for soup or drinks in no time. Further, the stove is made so that a pot will sit on it with no potstand, that is an added plus, and you can cook in almost any pot or a sierra cup, whatever. The can pot shown has a bail handle, that makes it nice. With just a couple tablespoons of spirit you can have boiling hot water for 2-3 cups of coffee or tea. Fun to "recycle" things this way.

piper

jboc

Jun 15, 2009
Nice setup. I've made the Heineken stove and the SuperCat also. The Heineken stove works better and looks way cooler, but the SuperCat is simpler and more convenient to use.

My "real" stove is a Coleman Max propane/butane, but I like the alcohol set-up for fun.

Jbo

jboc

Jun 15, 2009
Looking a little more at yours. Yours looks very similar to the SuperCat. Yours may be a little more effective due to more direct burners.

Jbo

islandpiper

Here is a new stove i made yesterday. Real quick and easy design, just two pieces of metal and some holes. Start with one of those new aluminum beer bottles. Cut off the bottom....and most of the long-neck, then just below the "shoulder" of the bottle and there you go.

DSCF0123-1.jpg

DSCF0122-1.jpg

Here it is warming up. It "starts" quicker than any pop can stove i have ever made.

DSCF0124-1.jpg

And, really cookin'

DSCF0121-1.jpg

It fits in my big soup can pot. This one's a keeper. Lots stronger than pop cans, can hold the dutch oven with food in it, i'm sure.

piper

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
You can get the aluminum bottles here. I'm not sure what brands are available, but I've had Budweiser and Budweiser Light w/ Lime (yeck!) in them. They are more expensive, though.

Mike

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I haven't seen any around this neck of the woods , next time I see the Bud guy I will ask him. By the way Piragis sells the White Box Stoves at $20.00 a shot. :shock: :shock: :shock: and that is without the beer that came in the bottle. :lol:

I have made a lot of the beer can stoves and given most of them away , still have a few to use but I think I will stay with my Trianga outfit , it works really good for me. Beer with lime in it , DISGUSTING :mrgreen: :? :x

Chuck.

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
I've seen some of the aluminum bottles up here around Atlanta. Not common, but you run across them. I'm pretty sure Budweiser uses them.

Sherry bought a six pack of Bud with lime in it. I weren't impressed. Beer ought to taste like beer.

George

islandpiper

Dear Uncle Wanabe,

There was but one of those nasty-a$$ beers........a perfectly good Miller that some turkey in the marketing department decided to add Lime to. Turned it into a thing of horror that could only be sold at a Mexican restaurant. I suffered through it, figured I'd earned the right to keep the bottle.

piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
The world haz become a mitey queer place.

regards
bearridge

And besides the whiskey, I think well require a little respect.  Now I'm Captain Augustus McCrae and this is Captain Woodrow F. Call, and if you care to turn around youll see how we looked when we was young and people wanted to make us senators.  Augustus McCrae

islandpiper

To me, one of the strangest things in this whole issue is HOW THE HECK CAN ANYONE JUSTIFY MAKING ALUMINUM BOTTLES? There is enough metal in one of them to build a lawn chair!! All this brave talk about recyling and conservation and then the industry comes up with something like this. I think as soon as we all get our stoves made, they should stop making those aluminum bottles. (And quit mixing lime in beer)

piper (raised 50 miles from the Miller Brewery in Milwaukee)