1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

my canoe partner

Discussion in 'Canoeing' started by catfish, Apr 19, 2010.

1. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

this is my fishing canoeing,4-wheeler all around partner. :wink: [​IMG][​IMG] here is my partner back again :wink: :D

2. buckisland1950

buckisland1950 Well-Known Member

Gator dog's mine. Got a bad rep down in Florida......

[​IMG]

Never says no to a trip, ready when I am.... :D

3. catfish

Well we lost our family pet about two weeks ago now. As you can see she was my canoeing partner sometimes too. Didnt know I was so attached till she passed. We got a video of where she would climb a tree and knock her volley ball off a forked limb and then climb back down.also one I know you want believe but I was on the house one day and here she came climbing up the ladder too.. Chuck I seen on different post where yours passed. I know how you feel now. She was a smart dog and minded better than some kids.

4. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Sorry, Catfish. Dogs are part of thefamily, almost always a good part.

When I eas a kid, the neighbor's dog would climb a ladder - but then bark to be arried down. Fortunately, she was a beagle. A large dog would be dangerous to carry down. One wiggle and you both lose the grip.

5. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Dogs tend to become family members and are really missed when they pass away. Fortunately the memory's of them last a life time. :D

Chuck.

6. Kayak Jack

You're right, Chuck. I still have a picture of my first dog. I lost her 60 years ago. We roamed the fields,woods, and streams together. I still miss her friendship.

7. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of having a Dog for a companion.
    They do not care if your are rich or poor
    They do not care about where you live
    They do not care about what you drive
    They do not fuss at you.
    They do not care about what you wear.
    They do not object when you watch lassie but are happy that you do , or any wildlife show. :lol:
    Most of all...... They do not fuss at you.
    They are always happy to see you no matter what frame of mind or mood you might be in.
    Did I say , They do not fuss at you ?

Chuck..........

8. Kayak Jack

A hopeful prayer:
    "Oh, Lord, please help me be as good a person as my dog thinks I am?"

Fact is, we really don't stand much chance of ever getting there from here.

9. catfish

Yep I have. Several pics of our trips and time together that I will remember. :D