My favorite time of the Year | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

My favorite time of the Year

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We've had Indian Summer here the last few days. After last week's wind and rain - it is VERY welcome. Flying weather has been Clear And Visibility Unlimited - from a couple thousand feet up you can see all the way into next week. Small splotches of autumn's red, yellow, orange, and brown are around. Aye god, Life is good!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
We have some sort of a tropical mess here from yesterday and into tomorrow which has brought us rain and wind. It really rains hard , about like a cow relieving itself on a flat rock and then trickles down to a normal rain for a little while. Between the hard rains the wind picks back up.
It act's just like the normal Tropical Storm. The weather system has funneled it over the central and southern part of the state. Not complaining since we need the rain but it could cover more of the state and especially the Okefenokee area since they really need some water up there.
They are saying things should be back to normal ( lees then 90% chance of rain) around Wednesday or Thursday with only a 40% chance of rain.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yea chuck we have had that same system here for the last few days . have had around 4 inches of rain glad to see it . we were getting dry again. will be real good hunting before gun season. :D we getting it right now maybe the okee will come up some. :) had my daughters wedding reception this past saturday no rain but you had to tie everything down to keep it from blowing away.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Messy - cold, rainy, low visibility, low ceiling, turbulence below 12,000', strong winds. Can't fly, have to stay home & sip hot tea (or an adult beverage). sigh
HOWEVER - Friday evening with a ladyfriend of the female persuasion, and my Granddaughter. We go to dinner and then to hear the Glenn Miller Band. That'll pick me up some.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldsparkey said:
We have some sort of a tropical mess here from yesterday and into tomorrow which has brought us rain and wind.
They are saying things should be back to normal ( lees then 90% chance of rain) around Wednesday or Thursday with only a 40% chance of rain.

Well here it is Thursday and the weather is Krystal clear with a nice breeze blowing and the temperature is 54 degrees. It puts a nice cold bite in the air for us southerners who thinks anything under 80 is a cold wave. This makes for some nice woods walking , sans the runny nose from the cold air , and puts a spring in your step as a body moves along while reminiscing about hunting trips of the past in weather like this.
If I still hunted I would be cleaning the weapons and getting them ready for some early morning outings. "O" Well....Guess I will settle for making a big pot of Chili for supper instead. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Cold weather and chilli go together like hot weather and iced tea. Beer, somehow, seems to fit in all over the damned place! :wink: As Ben Franklin observed, "Beer is proof that God loves us." And, I'm glad She does.