My photos from the Ponchatoula Rendezvous | SouthernPaddler.com

My photos from the Ponchatoula Rendezvous

laflyfisher

Jul 30, 2006
Louisiana
www.warmfly.com
The Ponchatoula Rendezvous was awesome! It was great to put faces with the names from the site. How was the food? The food was fantastic! I attached below the few photos I took between bites of Keith's incredible ribs. Thanks Keith (Islandpiper) for hosting the event!

IMGP0081.jpg

IMGP0082.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0087.jpg

IMGP0085.jpg

Although my pirogue wasnt there, I included a photo of mine also

IMG_1719.jpg

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Laflyfisher,

Great job getting these up as fast as ou did. Thanks. I always enjoy seeing the boats.

Keith and Seedticks creations are amazing to me. them building in the way they do. Oz was telling me over the phone that running his hand over them you couldn't tell where one board stopped and the other began.

Thanks for getting them on here so fast.

Steve

islandpiper

Here's some Pics......

jackand%20Hennesy.jpg

Here is Kayak Jack, napping in his Hennesy Hammock

keith_3.jpg

Nice Pic of Keith, taking a quiet moment out of the fray.

laflyfisher.jpg

Rpecot and Laflyfisher , tallking and having fun.

mrs%20tickjack.jpg

Mrs Seedtick and Jack, eating lunch, the Pretty-quotient went Way Up when she got here.

oz%20tick%20jdupre.jpg

Seedtick and Jdupre, either' talking small boats or squaring off for a duel.......half-full budweisers at ten paces...

Ozark%20and%20Tick.jpg

Ozark and Tick, enjoying a nice January day.

show%20off%20table.jpg

Here is the SHOW OFF TABLE.

tick%20and%20Mrs.jpg

Here is seedtick and Mrs tick..... :eek:

JAYCEESFOLLY

Jul 8, 2007
Upstate New York
WOW! Awesome pics, Piper & Laflyfisher. Looking at the boats that Keith & Seedtick brought makes me think I better switch to stamp collecting or collecting used books! The quality and skill is very evident in those photos.

If I sold some mutual funds, I probably could afford to buy one of those pretty boats. Hmmm.... How much does a divorce cost? I would have to factor that cost in too!!!

Keith or Tick: Is that a decoration on the stern of the dugout or does it have a function?

JC

Jim

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
All I can say is time goes by too quickly when you are with these kinda people. I know I will think about this rendezvous in the weeks, months and years to come. There really needs to be more time for camping and visiting with everyone here.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Some great pics, Piper. Makes me wish even more I had ignored the Doctor's warning about too much too soon(as well as Chuck's advice and my own instinct....). Oh well....

Steve

But even if I have to paddle a gosh darn hospital bed down the freeway, I AM gonna make the next big SP shindig!

sackett

Sep 26, 2007
Nice boats everybody. They's a very few thangs comfortabler ,(I didn't spell that right did I ) than a good hammock. Is that recipe for the pickeled chinese cabbage a secrete? I grow them sometimes for my little Tiawanese buddy who sells them kleen all the way up ta NY city. Wish I coulda been there

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Just got a call from Jack on the road....I believe it was somewhere in Indiana.
He called to jab me in the arse about a strawberry sundae at the Cracker Barrel. Now why does the name Cracker Barrel remind me of Chuck? Strange....isn't it? :roll: Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Anyway, he said what a wonderful time he had at Keith's Feast. He also said some one posted a few bad pictures of him.....Well....I asked when did he ever have a good picture taken of him? :wink: So, he replied with just two words I cannot repeat here. :?

He did say he was safe Chuck wasn't at the Feast....he could reach for a shrimps without having a finger bitten off. Sometimes Chuck can confuse a pinky for a shrimps. Sometimes. :shock: (When dining with SP Geezers...ya gotta be real real careful reaching for food...ya might just pull a stump back where yer hand used to be!)
I'll tell ya, when dining with members of Southern Paddler....two skills are mandatory and required.....First Aid and Self Defense! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Southern Paddler......What a bunch of misfits...... :|

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
He did say he was safe Chuck wasn't at the Feast....he could reach for a shrimps without having a finger bitten off. Sometimes Chuck can confuse a pinky for a shrimps. Sometimes. :shock: (When dining with SP Geezers...ya gotta be real real careful reaching for food...ya might just pull a stump back where yer hand used to be!)
I'll tell ya, when dining with members of Southern Paddler....two skills are mandatory and required.....First Aid and Self Defense! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Southern Paddler......What a bunch of misfits...... :|

When a bunch of us get together ( usually on a river trip ) and are real hungry a body would be safer having a meal with a group of sharks in a feeding frenzy. Or a pack of half starved wolves , a bear after it leaves hibernation , a gator seeing a Yankee swimming or the Tsavo ( man eaters ) Lions who only ate 135 railroad workers.

I found out a long time ago , when I get supper ready for the gang to stand back and after the frenzy then get the scraps and have my meal. Especially since I am such a dainty eater and don't require as much food as the rest , just some Vienna's and Ritz crackers will make me happy. Undoubtedly...Oldyaker has to have me confused with someone else. 8)

Chuck.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Piper that one picture was Me and Joey with Seedtick refereeing.
No kickin on bitin lets have a good clean Boat Science!