My photos from the Ponchatoula Rendezvous | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

My photos from the Ponchatoula Rendezvous

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Here's a pic of Pipersan's awesome smoked ribs and a few more goodies. The fryer and the grill in the background were responsible for some tasty morsels too.
100_0072.jpg

Piper's daughter also made her rounds with the camera.

islandpiper

OK, the blue boat.....
The Forum has a member from Great Briton, a Mr. Dennis Davis, high school manual arts instructor turned boat designer. Came up with a series of really good yak designs about 15 or so years ago, that his boys could make at school in shop classes. All were "tortured plywood" designs, affordable, could be build in increments so they could be assembled in class-time........pretty neat stuff.

Well, the blue boat is a DK-17.......light, fast, affordable, roomy and pretty stable. I build her back in about 1993-1994 in my violin shop while still carrying on with the regular work. She is 5mm luan and glass tape only on the seams with polyester. Back when I was younger this boat would go so fast there was a rooster tail squirting up out of the water at the stern.

My goal is to scrape/sand and epoxy the whole exterior and layer it with lightweight glass.

thanks for asking!! Piper

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I thought Piper said that if you wink at the girls from that boat you had to wink with both eyes or over you'd go. That don't sound real stable to meor at least with my paddlin skills.