Neches practice run | SouthernPaddler.com

Neches practice run

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I had a blast.
It was nice meeting John and paddling with him,and of course with Gerald.
Those two dudes can paddle and cover some water,
I was about half sick friday with a cold but decided to go anyway ,and sure glad I did . That river is a unigue place to paddle.
They had holes cut in the brush you could go thrue,now let me explain ,that ment it was possible,
you might be jumping loggs hitting stumps right in the middle of the holes. I also found Gerald has a hidden talent ,he is the limbo champion. He was laying back and going under logs that were not much over a foot above the water, I went under some that I had to slide out of my seat,sllde foreward and lay back flat in the cockpit. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO> :D
About half way threw the paddle I hit a stump with my arm right above my wrist, with in 5 minutes it was swollen I couldnt twist my wrist are grip the paddle without it killing me,I stopped took some moltrin and just slowed down to a easy paddle,Gerald and John went on ahead.
I made it in at a much slower pace. I sure hope it straightens out by next weekend ,doesnt hurt as bad today but is swollen more.
I did a lot of playing with my boat and trying a lot of new stuff for better control. I found the boat I was in really heeled well and it sure helped in the tight quarters and maneuvering in the brush.
I was tired but really enjoyed it.
Ron

22 miles

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron...

You paddled my type of water , the way you explained it that could be any of several rivers around here. We call it brush busting but no one has made any holes for us. The 1st boat does that and I am usually the 1st boat when we find those bumps in the river. someone has to fill there boat with broken off branches , spider webs and so far no ... snakes as you make the hole. :lol:

The stumps and branches make for an interesting paddle , WHAT THE !!! What was that I just hit with the paddle. Just wait till you put the blade of the paddle down between two submerged branches and it pops out of your hand :eek: .... sure hope you have a spare to paddle back with and get the one paddle.

For your wrist try one of the elastic wrist bands or an elastic bandage.

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
What makes this pretty interseting it has a pretty swift current
Tried the ace bandage ,didnt help I guess i bruised the tendon.
Ron