New C.P. Thread | SouthernPaddler.com

New C.P. Thread

wishbone

Oct 28, 2006
Northumberland, PA
The recipes on the other crockpot threads are great. Time for some more.

Spaghetti Soup

3 lbs Sweet Italian sausage
1 large sweet onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
1/4 lb thin spaghetti broken into 1 inch pieces, cooked

Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and brown in a lightly oiled skillet with onions and garlic. Drain and pour into crockpot. Add everything except spaghetti and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in cooked spaghetti and taste for seasonings. Serve in bowls with large chunks of Italian bread.

wishbone

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Great sounding idea, wish. I love my crockpots. Being inherently conservative (some all it lazy) I use the liner bags if I'm cooking on HIGH. Prevents stuck on food and makes clean up a lot easier.

Have you ever hollowed out a round loaf of wheat bread to use as a soup bowl? Edible bowls save on clean up. Anyone have an idea for an edible spoon?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Have you ever hollowed out a round loaf of wheat bread to use as a soup bowl? Edible bowls save on clean up. Anyone have an idea for an edible spoon?

Thak some left over grits , form into a spoon , deep fry till golden brown. Don't use it till it cools down or is the same temp as the soup. Throw the soup out and eat the spoon.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to have to try that Spaghetti Soup , it sounds like some jazzed up Tomato Soup and I do like Tomato soup , some good stuff.

Chuck.

wishbone

Oct 28, 2006
Northumberland, PA
I just put on a crockpot full of spaghetti soup. I'm going to have to change the name to Bow Tie Soup though since I'm using bow tie pasta. This is a little juicy to put in a bread bowl, Jack. But it may be a version of tomato soup, Chuck. I had some stew in a bread bowl once. Real tasty. The bowl was made out of sourdough bread and gave the stew some character. With winter coming in PA. the crockpot is coing to see more action. Homemade breads to go with the soups too.

wishbone