new fangled technology | SouthernPaddler.com

new fangled technology

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Ok, I'm not a techno-geek, but when did a 26" TV come in a small enough package to tuck under one arm and not have to make geezer noises? I distinctly remember horsing the last 25" TV out of the truck and not so elegantly plopping it into the almost-too-small opening in the entertainment center. Can't begin to imagine what lies ahead in another 20 years or so.

Joey

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Joey,
Twenty years or so you won't have to watch a movie. Take a pill and live the movie. Uhh wait a minute. There's people doing that now. As for tv s I am really enjoying these new ones. They are a lot lighter to carry and not near as bulky. I have pulled my back more than once trying to get a 32 or 36 inch tv into or out of a small car.
Bob

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
In 20 years, cable TV could be all but gone. TVs are now coming internet ready. Streaming content is the way of the future. Roku, Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go. I was trying to get HBO Go on my TV and read a very interesting article about how HBO is in direct competition with Cable TV providers. Some of the big cable companies (Comcast, our provider, is one) are blocking HBO Go because they are attempting to cut out the middle man and stream their content directly over the internet and bypass the coax. About half of your "movie package" on your cable bill goes to the cable provider, half to HBO, etc. If HBO can stream directly to your TV, they can keep all the money for them selves.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I like to call them Idiot boxes because most of the stuff on them is designed for idiots. It appears that whoever produces them thinks that the public has a grade point average of -5.:roll: I enjoy a good book to read a lot more.
The only channels that I like to watch are the Discovery , History and National Geographic. The weather channel is nice for keeping track of storms but I can get more up to date information about them off the computer.