new guy | SouthernPaddler.com

new guy

lil'moe

Jan 8, 2009
Lapland, IA
Just another new lurker coming out. I got started on this, and put together a UJ piro-just finished it up last week. The water is too hard to give a test, but i'm sure will be fine. Any question I had could be found and lots of answers to choose from! Any way, thanks for the info and entertainment in this crazy place. I'm glad to say, I am addicted, I bought ply for a second piro yesterday and am splicing the panels today. I told my wife I would build hers to practice, and then a better one for me--she said "OK". Then I said a JEM Laker might be nice too, and again I got the "OK". I'm not sure I can afford to have her so agreeable. Anyway I am really enjoying this forum and hope to be able to contribute something of value..Thanks

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
lil'moe...

Welcome to the nut house and we are always afraid that we might cause a person to wander down the boat building path a little to much but I see from what you said ... You are already way down that road. :D

Since you are already bitten by the building bug you sure will fit in around here.
My wife always looks at me and gets that disgusting look on her when I start building another boat. All she ever says is ... " Another one , you have to many already ". I remind her a person can never have to many boats especially if it ever floods again like it did when the Ark was built. :lol:

She just does not understand the pleasure of having a wood boat , made the way you want it and by yourself , not some store bought , off the shelf special.
She does like it when I get one made and have to go on a week long paddling and camping tryout for the boat , she has the house all to herself then. That might be why she has been asking when am I going to build another one. :roll:

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Lil moe and welcome aboard mate, and especially, welcome to my world!

Your wife is going to love her pirogue and once she gets to paddle your Laker, it waill become HER laker as well mate- count on it. :D