New Knee | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Knee

dawallace45

Jack

Personally I consider oxy to be one of the worst drugs out there , at least from my point of view , the side effects are just too much for me , they are even worse than the withdrawal symptoms

I'm off the oxy , been off for around 12 days , still have problems with itching but not the rest ,

I've run with the schedules for getting off prescription pain killers in the past and they are mainly crap , I've found just stopping is the best way
I don't know about you but I'd rather be sick for three days than three weeks

I've never had a problem with giving some thing up , when I developed pneumonia and asthma and the doctor told me that I'd have to give up smoking , I just stopped , still had a half a carton of cigarettes ans half a opened pack , they sat on the shelf of my reloading room for years

I did how ever allow my self one cigar a year on my birthday , I love a good cigar , but in the last 28 years I've only had 9 and not any for the past 12 , I figure if I'm going to have a cigar then it may as well be a good one and I haven't found one worth smoking at any of the normal outlets available to me for a very long time

I really don't understand the problem many people have with addictive drugs , I certainly don't understand why people take them for fun

On the other hand I don't think any government has the right to say what people can and can't do to their own bodies , I don't like tattoos and body piecing but it's not my business or the governments , I don't like the idea of people using cannabis , cocaine or heroin for fun , but as far as I'm concerned it's not my business or the governments either

Sorry to get off track but I was just talking about that with some one a few minutes ago and it was still on my mind

As far as the oxy I had a neighbour who had chronic pain and got addicted to his pain killers , in the end he was injecting them , his parents who are very religious with some fringe religion or such decided that maybe going to the authorities would be a good idea , that turned out very bad , he ended up in jail where he was almost bashed to death and gang raped , he ended up serving most of his term in hospital where they gave him more painkillers than he'd been on previously then cut him off cold when he was released ,

He still had the chronic pain so turned to cannabis , he now uses that to control the pain and is now living a normal life again ,
Strangely enough being caught abusing legal drugs landed him in jail but being caught with illegal drugs [ cannabis ] landed him a $50 fine

David

Gamecock

Jul 17, 2012
Hey David, glad to hear your knee is improving. And I agree with you about gov. being in our business. I believe people will abuse drugs whether it's legal or not. The gov. should legalize it, regulate and tax it like booze and cigs. This would cut down crime, gangs, drug cartels and if it was legal, I believe less people would abuse it. Back in the day, prohibition didn't work and they obviously didn't learn by it. Dave.

dawallace45

Went to the Physio just over a week ago and he was very happy with my progress , went to the fracture clinic to see my surgeon a couple of days ago and he was even more happy with my progress , seems I'm considerably ahead of where most people are at this time after the opp , he warned me about over doing it as I had obviously been working hard to be doing this well , unfortunately I did over do it the very next day and have been paying for it ever since , will be better tomorrow

David

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
1.Glad to hear the knee is healing.
2. Most nurses are almost angels. Some are.
3. And you are absolutely correct -- the hospital is no place you can rest.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
dawallace45 said:
Governments never learn , you can't legislate stupidity , morality or patriotism , if governments ever learn that we will all be much better off

David

Right. Apparently you sometimes can catch stupidity from being elected to the legislature.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Strange that you mention the government and that you can not legislate morality.
Is it the NBA Or NFL?

Even if you aren't a Sports Fan this is Very Interesting!

36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71, I repeat 71, Cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related Charges
8 have been arrested! For shoplifting

21 currently are defendants in lawsuits, And 84 have been arrested for drunk driving In the last year !

Can you guess which organization this is?

Is it the NBA Or NFL?

Give up yet?

Scroll down,

Neither,
it's the 535 members of the United States Congress

The same group of Idiots that crank out Hundreds of new laws each Year Designed to keep the rest of us in line.
Remember, most of them are up for election this year!!!

You gotta pass this one on!

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
I would suspect given the array of laws and regulations that every one of us has violated one or more in the last 48 hours. It has become ridiculous.