New Paddling buddies first trip - Burrum Wier. | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Paddling buddies first trip - Burrum Wier.

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
G'day Mate,
Thanks for the trip report, I knew there was water somewhere in Australia. I have been out in the western part, WA, for the past several weeks and looked at nothing but bone dry rivers :shock: However, the ocean beaches are GREAT but I am heading back to the east coast in the morning. Perhaps we can meet-up for a short paddle?
Outback John :D

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day John,

Mate, as you now know, what few inland rivers we have are either dry or little more than drains. LOL

I got your email and have replied. Am really looking forward to meeting you. A paddle is definately possible - anywhere - anytime. :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick...

You would like meeting John he is the one person who has done all of it and not for a week or two , his trips are marked off in months. Believe it or not but the stories/tails he can tell are the truth and done by him and the folks who share some of that time with him. He is a paddling , camping , sailing , fishing , hunting and all round ....NUT.... and a great guy to know. Heck he is even a pretty good camp cook. :wink:

Chuck.......
PS. If it will float , he can paddle or sail it.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chuck,

I have been receiving a few emails from john with uptdates on his tripping round the place here. In the short time hehas been here, he has seen more of my country than I have.

At the moment, he is travelling East, back accross the country by train from Perth in Western Australia to Sydney (or little Beiruit as I call it) through some of the most barren and inhospitable country we have. Think flat, arid and featureless landscape for thousands of miles.

http://www.railaustralia.com.au/indianPacific.php

He tells me that from Sydney, he travels north to Brisbane by train through some of the prettiest countryside we have. :D I have some time off and hope to get some serious paddling, fishing and camping in with him very soon. 8)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You would have a lot of fun. :D

John is the only one with southernpaddler that I know of who has actually camped with Tom Hennessey of Hennessey Hammocks and that was on one of his trips down in your neck of the woods , New Zealand , I think. John could fill you in on that. Like I said , he has been there and done that........ :D

The emails I am getting from him , he is criss crossing your area and taking everything in and still has a couple of months to see what he has missed. I can't believe he had Kangaroo for supper one night but knowing John ...... Anything is possible. :lol: