New Reel | SouthernPaddler.com

New Reel

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Picked up an Abu Garcia Revo "Inshore" a few weeks ago. Played with it in the yard today and love it! Best casting bait-caster I have ever owned. If you are in the market for a new reel have a look at the Revo line 8)

Brian

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Brian...where did you get it? Catalog number if you can so we can see a pix. Thanks!

islandpiper

I was going to buy one of these but then my cat volunteered to scramble every inch of line I own for free.

Really, I could never learn to cast.......Zebco designed their first closed face reels for guys like me. As a kid, I spent DAYS picking birdsnests out of my dad's bait casting reels.

Have fun fishing with it. Don't catch 'em all the first day out.

Piper

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Me too piper the Penn reel my dad had exploded into no less than a knot the size of a hay bale. I wore hot britches for awhile that day as dads fishin reel was not to be played with. I still won't touch one.

toplesshorse

Jan 29, 2008
georgia
What model did you buy. I am due for some upgrading.

Guys if you buy a good ball bearing unit like this you can cast a jig 50 yards and hit a dime with accuracy. You can throw a crank bait 100 yds.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I don't mind casting 50 or a 100 yards but then I gotta reel the thing in, that when I switch poles and bring out the bobber.

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
toplesshorse said:
What model did you buy. I am due for some upgrading.

Guys if you buy a good ball bearing unit like this you can cast a jig 50 yards and hit a dime with accuracy. You can throw a crank bait 100 yds.

I got the "Inshore" to use when I take my Pirouge down to the flats. Only 7 Bearings in it. I like it so much I'm thinking about getting the STX-HS for bass fishing, it has 11 bearings and the gear ratio is 7.1:1.