new year | SouthernPaddler.com

new year

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hope all you geezers don,t forget to eat you blackeyes , ham hocks, ham or hog jaws :wink: & our greens :mrgreen:

wife is cooking some right now & boy they sho smell good. :D P.S jack i guess you may have to substitute your black eyes for some gritz. :wink: :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
catfish said:
hope all you geezers don,t forget to eat you blackeyes , ham hocks, ham or hog jaws :wink: & our greens :mrgreen:

wife is cooking some right now & boy they sho smell good. :D P.S jack i guess you may have to substitute your black eyes for some gritz. :wink: :lol:

Then I am going to take some of the left over Ham and run it threw my ancient meat grinder ( person powered that went from my Grandmother to Mom and then me ) with some sweet pickles ran threw it and some southerner mayo called Miracle Whip to make a ham sandwich spread for sandwiches. The amount of each depends on what and how you like. It does make some really good ham sandwiches and even beef , turkey or chicken with left overs.
( Hint , when using a hand operated meat grinder run some crackers threw it at the end to help clean it )

The Ham bone and a lot of the left over meat ( on it ) will be boiled and used for some good bean soup with other good stuff tossed in. To be enjoyed with some good Cornbread. :D

Looking forward to a lot of good meals.................

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck after the blackeyes & ham or hocks on new years you can save that ham bone or hock bone & throw in the limas next time. :wink: :) as i believe yaker would say jarvas good eating.

note if you invite yaker or jack you may want to sleep down wind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
catfish said:
... note if you invite yaker or jack you may want to sleep down wind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was me who spoke of Jarvis. And, I'm thinking he'd probably want to be UP wind, not downwind. Downwind is where things drift to.

(I knew that all that training in germ warfare would come in handy one day)

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well I had a TEXAS New Years Lunch
Ribeye med rare ,baked potato ,good green salad and a glass of sweet tea,oh yea blackeyed peas with jalapenos
Ron.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Kayak Jack said:
catfish said:
... note if you invite yaker or jack you may want to sleep down wind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was me who spoke of Jarvis. And, I'm thinking he'd probably want to be UP wind, not downwind. Downwind is where things drift to.

(I knew that all that training in germ warfare would come in handy one day)

That sounds more like Nuclear warfare what with the blast and overpressure waves. Chances of survival are slim with painful permanent deabilitating injuries. Just don't ever get caught at the triple point! :mrgreen: