No Cook Shrimp or Lobster | SouthernPaddler.com

No Cook Shrimp or Lobster

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This is something I use to make up for Christmas Parties at the Sheriff's Office. There were none left, it disappears really quick.

Just before dark ... grab a lantern and dip net, head over to the coast and hang the lantern, dip the shrimp as they swim by or if you are lazy and want to sleep at night just go to the grocery store and in the sea food section pick out a bunch of shrimp. :roll:

Clean the shrimp, after that is done then squeeze out a bunch of fresh lemons and put the juice in a glass bowl, not a metal one.
Reconstituted Lemon juice will not work, it has to be FRESH Lemon Juice.

Add the shrimp to the lemon juice making sure all of them are covered with the lemon juice, cover the bowl with some saran wrap and put it in the frig.

If you put them in the frig on Friday at 5 PM then they will be cooked at 5 PM on Saturday, it takes 24 hours in the lemon juice for the acid in it to cook the shrimp.

Place the bowl full of shrimp and lemon juice on the table and let everyone take what they want, a salad and some French bread with garlic butter does not hurt anything.
Or dip the shrimp in some melted garlic butter, no need to put lemon juice in the butter, it is in the shrimp.

You can do the same thing with Lobsters, but crack the shell, really good. For pore folks that like Lobster but can't afford it Rock Shrimp make a good substitute, clean them or crack or cut the shells. I slice the underside open with a pair of heavy duty scissors.

HINT...... The left over lemon juice can be put in a frying pan and poach some fish fillets in it , in place of frying them in oil.
Or bake the fish in the lemon juice in the oven.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Mmmmm.....that sounds mitey good.
fest31.gif

In Mexico we have a word for sushi: Bait. Jose Simon

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... Just before dark ... grab a lantern and dip net, head over to the coast and hang the lantern, dip the shrimp as they swim by or if you are lazy and want to sleep at night just go to the grocery store and in the sea food section pick out a bunch of shrimp....
Some danged nut at the sea food section took my lantern away from me!!