Not only is she sexy, but also wet! | SouthernPaddler.com

Not only is she sexy, but also wet!

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
I finnaly got her wet today and had a blast! :lol: It will take a few more trips to the lake to get good and used to her, but after a few minutes of paddling I felt pretty comfortable in her. I tried both types of paddles and will keep both in the boat at hand as they both have there place it seems. Kayak to get where your going and canoe to manuver in tight spots or just to putt around. I'm rather new to this so I can't really compare it to other boats. I don't think I'll be standing up in her anytime soon nor would I want to. All in all the maiden voyage was a great success. I am one happy boat owner and you guy's were all right about everyone asking about the boat. It is a magnet for questions. Thanks to all of you again.

The following pictures sorta speak for themselves! Enjoy I know I did!
P7060004.jpg

P7060010.jpg

P7060020.jpg

P7060026.jpg

P7070030.jpg

P7070032.jpg

P7070037.jpg

P7070047.jpg

P7070035.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Chad,

Nice. Aint many things better'n a boat on the water. I love ta see the places other folks wet a paddle. Now does yer wife want the garage back.................'er does she want ya ta build her one? :wink:

regards
bearridge

I'm not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I've noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts. Bethania McKenstry

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Nice pictures and I always get a tickle out of the way a Pirogue sits on top of the water , looking at it her , you would think she was sitting on something besides the water.

It is just the nature of the critter.

P7070035.jpg

Sure looks like you are going to have a lot of fun and will be answering a lot of questions when you have her for an outing.

Chuck.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Thanks Guy's I can't wait to get her out again!

Bear, Right now she wants the garage back but we have not ruled out another boat either.

Chuck, I knew you were gonna like that photo. I put it at the end and thought you would dig it. I love the lines and your right it looks like the center of the boat is on something submerged in the water.

I just love this boat 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Tyer, forgot to mention. If you "scuff up" the graphited part from a shiny finish to a dull grey, it will be even more slipperierly.

DO THE SANDING OUTSIDE. And, wear a mask/bandanna around your air intakes. Makes a lot of dust that will stick into and on everything around. Wear old clothes too. (If you're still into wearing those women's clothes around the house, change before you go outside - OK?)

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Again thanks,

Aero, I glassed the outside and inside completly.

Mister Jack of the Kayak or is it Dr. Jack- Your whit and common wisdom is much appreciated. The rather dashing fellow in the pics is known in these parts as 'Mr. Cool' :wink: I'm surprised you have never heard of him! I let him do a stand in for me to make the boat look better. I guess it worked!

Your tutorial on sanding grafite is duly noted. Although, I believe Mick came up with the idea to wet sand the bloddy stuff to avoid the dust. Sounds like a plan!

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Oh man,

Your boat is a work of art mate. 8) Love ya work. :D

Every time I see one of these shiny new UJs I just know that I am going to have to build one - soon. :D.

Welcome to the dark side mate.

islandpiper

bearridge........a pirogue sitting on the water is pretty, but a Piper J-3 on floats is a thing of beauty.

I ised to Pike fish in a little lake where a guy kept his J-3 on the lawn behind his house......floats in the summer and skiis in the winter, no airport fees. A real heartstopper watching him settle in to a perfect landing in the late afternoon, dropping in over the trees, and drifting to a stop at the end of his little dock........geez, does that bring back memories.

Piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
cctyer said:
.. I believe Mick came up with the idea to wet sand the bloody stuff to avoid the dust. Sounds like a plan!
Damned good idea! (Sneaky Aussies!)

Don't know why I didn't think of wet sanding. Well, actually, I do know. Too dull a mind.

Tyer San. Real first name is "John" Friends call me Jack. Non-friends don't call me. I'm a unique and truly outstanding sunofab!&#h.