Now that's fast! | SouthernPaddler.com

Now that's fast!

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
An old country boy was visiting the airport and marveling over the huge planes taking off and landing from all over the world. As he is looking out of the window, a woman at a nearby counter asks "Can I help you sir?". Where is the plane going to New York?" he says. She points out the big jumbo jet right on the tarmac " That one right there is scheduled to take off in a couple of minutes at 12:15." He asks " When is it gonna arrive there?". Not knowing that airlines usually state arrival time at the destination, he seemed surprised when the lady said "12:16- would you like to buy a ticket ?" "No mam, but I just want to stand here and watch that sucker take off!"

Joey

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Another old country boy.....

A man owned a small farm in South Texas, near Pleasanton.

The Texas State Wage & Hour Department claimed he was not paying
proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the
agent.

" Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been
with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit who works about 18
hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here.

He makes about $10 per week, payshis own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night He also sleeps with my wife
occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to --- the half-wit,"
said the agent.

"That would be me, replied the farmer.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Good one , Yaker. Puts me in mind of something along similar lines. A well-known business guru was advertising a seminar for small business owners. He promised to show how you could run your own business by only working half a day. Needless to say, lots of people showed up on the night of the seminar.

As people eagerly waited, the guru took the stage. After a round of enthusiastic applause , the speaker started to speak. "It is very easy to run your own business by just working half a day. The problem is picking which 12 hours of that day you want to work."