Ocklawaha River Expedition 2007 | SouthernPaddler.com

Ocklawaha River Expedition 2007

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Is off and running. I wandered over from Juniper springs sunday afternoon and stayed with the whole gang at the canoe outpost sunday night.
They got boats and gear loaded by 8:30 this morning and hit the water at 9:30. I paddled downstream with then for about 2 hours then turned around and paddled back up. Somebody has to work for a living! :x
Uploading pictures now. Will post a few unless that cash wire comes thru that Chuck promised :)

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
A few pictures....

Harry and Ray tag teaming a turkey sandwich while Bearridge gives advice and Chuck ponders the meaning of life in general
file.jpg

Deep in thought
file.jpg

Joe checking out Chuck's new Freedom

file.jpg

I think we have a winner!
file.jpg

There are more but I think I'll see if the check clears the bank before posting any more :)

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Nice pix Swamprat........Uhhhhhh.....what is that that old Ray is resting his left arm on making that sammich? Appears they were prepared! :wink:
Don't hold yer breath waiting for Chucks cash wire.......

A

Anonymous

tripo

Looking at the picture of the boats on the trailer, It would seam[ although it may be camera angle] that the epoxy/graphite barrier is not applied evenly.

If that is so, then the boat is quite obvisouly NOT of the caliber of boat that such an esteamed person should be paddleing.

Therefore, I being of lesser station and a rank beginner volunteer to take the flawed boat and use it in the quiet backwaters of Lous e anna where it will not be seen by all them yankee people and made fun of.

If it is the camera angle, just forget everything I said and have fun.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Swamprat,

Great piccies mate. Thank you. Please post some more.

Can tell Chucky iust just hating paddling that Freedom.

Re the sammich makers armrest - Aaaah, Chateau Cardboard, brings back many a fond memory sitting on a creek bank with a buinch of mates. :D

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
hairymick said:
Re the sammich makers armrest - Aaaah, Chateau Cardboard, brings back many a fond memory sitting on a creek bank with a buinch of mates. :D

Mick, It is so nice chat with a fellow Wine 'CommonSewer' such as myself!
You really need to make it over here for a trip on the water sometime!

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
A few more

They are still out and no doubt getting Chuckie weather. Cold cloudy and drizzling. Mid thirties tonight :shock:

Harry and Ray leaving the put in.
file.jpg

Harry Jr.
file.jpg

Dapper Al
file.jpg

Joe
file.jpg

Bearridge making my canoe look pretty small :)
file.jpg

A few critters
file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Really beautiful critter pix Swamprat! Nice job....... I know you didn't have alot to work with tak'n the Paddl'n Geezer Pix, but they turned out OK too. :wink:

Mid thirty's tonight in FL? Hope those 'Ol Boys don't freeze their grits off!

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Weel the Ocklawah trip has come to an end. As I sit here at the Outpost I am watching the fellas come in and load theyre boats. All seemed to make the trip with little trouble. Welcome back.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya lazyriverguy,

Welcome aboard mate and thanks for the post. I was beginning to wonder when they would show up.

Mid 30's is about as cold as it ever gets here. I have a lot of trouble just leaving the fireplace on he two weeks or so, a year we get of it.

For these old farts to be out paddling & camping in it and wearing just T shirts ta boot. Well, that has just blownn me out of the water! :D

Oh yeah, thank you again for the piccies. its geat to be able to put faces to names and i just love the critter pics.

Your 'gator piccie looks a little like one of our fresh water crocks. A brilliant shot by the way. :D

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
hairymick said:
Mid 30's is about as cold as it ever gets here....................................

For these old farts to be out paddling & camping in it and wearing just T shirts ta boot. Well, that has just blownn me out of the water!

One thing about Florida tho, mid 30's at night, it is usually up in the 60's during the day. Not bad weather to be paddling in, or camping in.

DM

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
hairymick said:
For these old farts to be out paddling & camping in it and wearing just T shirts ta boot. Well, that has just blownn me out of the water! :D

So, Chuck at least had some clothes on........I've seen that boy come out of a river wearing nothing but a watch cap, socks, and a grin :shock:
Two years of laying on a shrinks couch made me better now.... :roll:

Glad all made it back without troubles. Hope they had fun!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldyaker said:
what is that that old Ray is resting his left arm on making that sammich?
Friend oldyaker,

Ya sho got a eye fer fine wine. Ole Joe brung me 3 boxes frum the only place where they sell that Italian wine (in a box) in the whole USA....the Publix grocery store jest down the road frum Joe 'n Perry Como. Ya caint even git it off Mister Gore's world wide web.

Heck, by the time I drink it all I mite even tote a Louisville Slugger. Does Fiat make a pickup? 8)

regards
bearridge
paddlin' geezer canoe clud

ps We missed ya, Swampy 'n Van.

I spent huge amounts of money on booze, fast cars and beautiful women. The rest I just squandered. George Best

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Brad,

Nice pichurs.....like always. The other four gators were smaller. I got ta feelin' like I woulda rassled one of them....'er a Romanian gymnast. :mrgreen: Yer Mohawk 14 wuz mitey eazy ta paddle....even if it looked like it wuz kinda short fer a big fella.

my thanks
bearridge

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. Buckminster Fuller

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
My pleasure

Mr bearridge.
After all you done taking me out on that wildwater and such. It was the least I could do in sharing a boat for a bit. I just wish I could have let you borrow it for a long spell since it travels so straight for you! Thats my bang em against the stumps, drag em across the rocks boat though and I do allot of that these days.
Picked up 8 foot of good red oak today to fix the thwarts in the blue boat.Will probably put it in the water this weekend and figure out if I can keep it upright on flatwater :) Them sides is awfull straight up! :)