Ole farts issues.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Ole farts issues....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
All of us reaching 70+ years, have this (or something like it) for which to look forward.

This is something that happened at an assisted living center. The people who lived there had small apartments but they all ate at a central cafeteria. One morning one of the residents didn't show up for breakfast so one of the wives went upstairs and knocked on his door to see if everything was OK. She could hear him through the door and he said he was running late and would be down shortly, so she went back to the dining area.

An hour later he still hadn't arrived so she went back up towards his room but found him on the stairs. He was coming down the stairs but was having a hard time. He had a death grip on the hand rail and seemed to have trouble getting his legs to work right.

She told him she was going to call an ambulance but he told her no, he wasn't in any pain and just wanted to have his breakfast. So she helped him the rest of the way down the stairs and he had his breakfast.

When he tried to return to his room he was completely unable to get up even the first stair step so they called an ambulance for him.

A couple hours later she called the hospital to see how he was doing.

The receptionist there said he was fine, he just had both of his legs in one side of his boxer shorts.

I am sending this to my children so they don't sell the house before they know all the facts.

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Almost got away without changing this morning:p. Got up to 6" of snow in the driveway and being the really nice guy that I am, decided to clean the driveway and clean off Joy's Jeep since she had a dental appointment this morning. Got all done and had just enough time to meet the guys for our Tuesday breakfast. But wait, a nagging voice in the back of my head said I should shower and put on clean clothes. It was actually my wife standing behind me. Fastest shower on record! I made it to breakfast just as our usual waitress started to take the orders. Missed the juicy gossip but at least got to eat.

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
Mowing??? My mower is stashed in the very back of the shed (by the bicycles) probably 'til late April or maybe May. We will have a thaw next week but then I can finish cleaning the leaves I didn't get to 'cuz the backpack bloweris in the shop. Gotta luv the weather in WNY. Don't like it? Wait 5 minutes then it will change. Ski areas nearby say we will be skiing over Thanksgiving.

cathpeta62

Feb 16, 2022
Almost got away without changing this morning:p. Got up to 6" of snow in the driveway and being the really nice guy that I am, decided to clean the driveway and clean off Joy's Jeep since she had a dental appointment this morning. Got all done and had just enough time to meet the guys for our Tuesday breakfast. But wait, a nagging voice in the back of my head said I should shower and put on clean clothes. It was actually my wife standing behind me. Fastest shower on record! I made it to breakfast just as our usual waitress started to take the orders. Missed the juicy gossip but at least got to eat.
Well, I too was in such a mess last week. I forgot my house key at my desk.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
We have 4 ski areas around here and the biggest one's last day was Palm Sunday. Supposedly we could get up to 6" of snow on Easter :eek: . Lord, I'm ready for spring!!! I want to get the canoes out of winter storage and hopefully get to do some paddling. My paddles are feeling neglected.