Olympic Curling?????? | SouthernPaddler.com

Olympic Curling??????

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
I hope I don't offend anyone that is a fan of Olympic Curling :roll: But there has sure been allot of air time devoted to it......Haven't quite figgered it out as of yet :?
I think I could figure out Curling 16 ounce beers better :shock:

Kahuna

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Kayak Jack said:
I think that watching stone tea kettles drift down the ice while some dork sweeps ahead is the height of excitement! yawn

Next time, maybe we can watch a few champion shoe string tiers.

Nope, the action is too fast to follow. :roll:

Bullhead

Mar 27, 2005
Indiana
I think you guys are missing the big picture here.... here are a group of guys that make lots of money gently shoving a rock across ice and positioning it with brooms. The brooms automatically make the wives happy and they leave you alone, you get to throw rocks, and it is slow so you have plenty of time for beer drinking, and in the right place you can use tip-ups and ice fish too!

Bullhead

Mar 27, 2005
Indiana
Ok, Ok.... How bout this one. I saw two guys practicing Curling at work... when I got closer I realized it was just the janitors mopping.

(Jack stepping in) MUCH better.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Kayak Jack said:
I'll apply to be water boy for the Geezers' Curling Clud
Friend Kayak Jack,

No thanks. They will jest use a hose. They dont need a yeller board. :mrgreen:

regards,
bearridge
bodine luge team

At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. Aristotle

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Matt,

It sho looks like fun ta me. Art sez that up on the tundra, the game goes slow, after a while most a the fellas git ta feelin' purty good....kinda like bocce ball. I dont care fer the brooms, but other than that, I aim ta join up on a geezer team fer next time.

We oughta be ready in four years.

The Master of Flow Bizness can be our team streaker. :mrgreen:

regards,
bearridge
bodine sports society

Licker talks mighty loud when it gits loose frum the jug. Plantation Proverb