One man one river | SouthernPaddler.com

One man one river

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Goood Morning to all.
I am tryin to figure this down load pics thing out. I have some pics of an over nighter that I did this week on the Ocklawaha river. It was a great time and it seemed to go very well. I do have one guick guestion for Chuck. Did you going camping some where in the world this past week. I would like to know for it rained on me from the putin to the finish. I just figured you were in the woods some where. Had a great time was out by meself for 2 days and never saw another human. Did see some very interesting wild life had a gator push me boat sidways, this was a new one for me. I was I think napping when I felt the jar of what I thought was just a log in river. I looked closer it was a 4 footer slidin up to me to move me out of it's intended travel direction. No harm no foul it just made me realize I was not in the world alone. Great trip even if I had the LUCK OF CHUCK with me. I will get the pics down loaded and post as soon as possible. Oh and for any one wondering. Yes I had Val's perrmission to go.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lazyrivergu ... 9428082466
Try this see if it gets the pics.
Joe[/img]

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Thanks Joe,

Nice pichurs. Good ta see the water iz still clear....'n that ya'll got water. I reckon Silver Spring keeps the level up? How hot did it git at nite?

regards
bearridge

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.  Ed Howe

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Hi Bear
It was a wonderful 71 degrees at night and 87 day time. Just had some well needed rain to tend with. The river has been doing great this year we had a lack of rain but the Silver just keeps pumpin the clear stuff to us. We are in the starting of a fight today at 2 in the town hall to keep the Gov. from OK'n a water plant being built to suck 50,000 gals a day from the Silver and Ocklawaha. They think this will help the increased usage in the Big O area. It looks like they will have one heck of a time getting it. Our local Gov is against it but that could depend on how much money they are able to squeeze out of the other folks that want the water. I am going to the meeting today to see if any thing can be done. I will let you guys know how it comes out.
Joe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Nope , was not in your area but was thinking about it and being there , guess that was enough :lol:

Been thinking of slipping off to Gores Landing to get a night or two in listing to the Owls and a little daytime on the river , still thinking about it , will have to do it when it cools down some.

Liked your camping area , man does it look familure , almost like I have been there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Joe,

Your motto here reminds me of mine when I rode dirt bikes. "One man, one bike, one cylinder"

Road biker friends told me they didn't understand it. I told them, "That doesn't surprise me."

They didn't understand that either.