Order some 1.5 OZ cloth | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Order some 1.5 OZ cloth

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
Tight weave...I bought some pre cut "tape" from I don't know and it was a tight weave. Frayed edges and horrible to lay down on sharp edges exactly not the right application.

Ron, no offense taken. You have built a lot more than me. Yes it does wet out nice. top decks on yaks would be another great application.

Tom

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I like the tight weave glass in any weight..... Call it luck or anything else but I have never had a problem working with it. I use a full sheet on the outside and then the same on the inside of the boat.
I like to start in the middle and work to the ends of the boat and so far it has worked for me without any problems. The darn stuff just conforms to the boat like it should. I do use more epoxy with the tight weave then the normal glass but I am looking for strength ( protection for the wood ) from the glass.

With the folks I get the glass from you have to specify tight woven or else they will send you the normal glass.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Other than random scratches and gouges, the only wear pattern I find on my boats is the aft few feet of the keel line area. I trim canoes a bit nose high, so that is to be expected - the part that drags most is the part lowest in the water. I trim kayaks to lie flat in the water. Still, somehow, the last few feet seem to wear first. I normally don't run my bow up onto land, so it doesn't get a wear pattern there. The kayaks may be more nose high than I realize; even though I have other paddler eyeball them for me while under way.