Outdoor kitchen? | SouthernPaddler.com

Outdoor kitchen?

coltleader5

Sep 23, 2011
Well, obviously my husband and I are obsessed with the outdoors or we probably wouldn't even attempt this large scale project. :) When we aren't on our backpacking trips across the Northwest, we always talk about how we could bring the experience home. We think we figured out a way to do it. We want to build an outdoor living room and kitchen. We don't even know where to start so we need some help/advice. Has anyone ever tried to do this? I just did some searching online and found one website that could supply the outdoor cabinets and stuff but what about the other aspects like plumping, etc? It's a shot in the dark that anyone here can offer me good advice for this but it's worth a shot. Thanks for any help you can give us!

coltleader5

Sep 23, 2011
Um, kind of like a deck and patio but much more designed. I want there to be a stone wall with an oven, grill, couches, all built on it if you see what I'm saying

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'm thinking that this is a gal-type thing. A guy would have a charcoal or gas grill, some lawn chairs, and a beer. Stone walls and couches seem to be overkill to me, solving a problem that doesn't exist.
But, then, I'm a guy, and I like the KISS principle. So, I encourage you to press on with your ideas, and please yourself without a bit about worrying what I think.