overhaul | SouthernPaddler.com

overhaul

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I got up this morning and decided to overhaul one of my high country compounds, took the measurement on the peep nocking point, brace heigth and poundage , then I proceded to tear her down took it all the way down ,checked and lubed rockers,inspected the limbs,checked all the bolt on the cams and bearings also checked to make sure there were no nicks in the cable tracks everything was good so I lubed them ,put the limbs and cams back on,
Then I sat down and built two new cables and a string, installed them .
The last thing I did was take several different grits of jewlers roge and polish the cable gaurd.
Re installed peep nocks eliminitor button and silencers. Went back tto the old specs ,the first three arrows were right in the bull.
She is ready to draw some blood
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
In my minds eye I can see how everything will unfold out there.

Ron is sitting in his stand , boredom sets in and he is checking his shoe laces to make sure they are tied.

The early morning fog has settled and the woods is deathly quiet. All of a sudden there is this loud sound .... Brrrrrrrp. It is a grasshopper burping about a 100 yards away and Ron is sure it is right next to him. He starts looking for the culprit in or near his stand and before he knows it , he looks up and there is this big bull standing just a short distance away and his vital area is protected by the tree is standing on the other side , from Ron, on.

Ron sits there , the sweat starts rolling down his face even in that cold weather , just waiting for that bull to make a move , waiting , waiting , minutes seam like a eternity as they slowly creep along.

The ole bull is no dummy , he turns and with the tree in the way all Ron can see is the sides of the bulls rear and a wide set of antlers slowly moving down the tree and getting smaller and smaller as the keep moving down that tree and .....Then he realizes that sucker is going ..........Away and using the tree for cover.

Before he knows it his dinner has given him the slip , thanks to that dang tree.

Not sure about out West but the local Wild Turkeys sure love to pull that stunt on us around here. Something is not right , they will get behind a tree ( make a ... PUT ... sound) and a bee line away using the tree as cover for them. :lol:

Ron , When you get set up , make sure there are no large trees in the area........

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
I didnt know you were watching :D
Elk hunting we will cover a lot of miles,calling and moving,it has been raining there a lot so water holes want be much good this year. They should start bugling in a week are so.
Ron

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
The first three went in the bullseye, whered the rest of em go? :)

Go get em Ron,

Picked this guy up on the game camera this morning. Not the biggest running around here but if he gives me a shot I'll take it.
0_0_5b8a0f720c22bc999c8ed42008c61fb3_1