Pain in the neck | SouthernPaddler.com

Pain in the neck

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Pain in the neck. Got one now. And the shoulders and numbness in the hands. All due to a nasty fall in '96. At first it was just the lower back and surgery fixed that some--big reduction in pain level. But this neck thing is inoperable unless I want to get C-3 to C-7 fused. No way! That would end paddling and driving. And turning to look at pretty women. So now the Doc did a release on my wrist to reduce some numbness. No more paddling this year except weekends--all my vacation and sick time are going to be gone before I can go back to work or go paddling. Typing is a s l ow process.

Anyone got plans for a boat that can be built one handed? In 6 weeks or less?:evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Have you visited one of the Cry-O-practers ... I had some back and neck pains that would not stop , Had to turn my upper body to look from one side to the other. OK.. This has to stop so off to the normal doc , the Normal Doc gave me all sorts of pills that were useless unless you like to be doped up. Sure did nothing for the problems and pains.

I got fed up and went to one of the bone crunchers and after the 1st visit was motivating a lot better and the 2nd visit he had me back to almost normal , a few more visits and never have been back except for an adjustment now and them , mostly later then now.
According to him the problem was between the 3rd , 4th and 5th vertebrate. Miss alignment and a pinched nerve. Do I have to say I Hurt. :roll: :roll:

Not saying it would be good for you , just going by personal experience on this end. :D

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Dang Gerry....dang. We been workin' on accupuncture up at the Shade Tree Medikle Clinic. Havin' better luck since we quit usin' chop sticks. Straight pins work a heap better. Sometimes the Thera Cane works good on a sore back 'er neck. http://www.theracane.com/

We take a hypocritikle oath not ta practice medicine on the internet, but if ya show me a pichur of yer neck, I kin tell ya some places where ya mite stick some straight pins. [This iz when Truthful Jack usually jumps in 'n sez he knows a better place fer me ta stick them pins.]

Neck 'n shoulder pain, hand numbness.........sounds like a nerve problem in the neck. But ya mite have had some carpal tunnel too. I caint tell without us settin' down, drinkin' some strong drink 'n tellin' tall tales. I usually come up with a top drawer diagnosis that way.....sometimes I use some mugwort livers. But since ya lready let some quack cut on yer hand, I reckon we kin only wonder what mite have been.....like if Anna Nicole 'n both her big tits had made the trip.

I reckon this means ya wont be able ta make it ta the Jacko funeration out in Lost Angeles?

regards
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinic

A hooker once told me she had a headache.  Rodney Dangerfield

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I feel for ya Bears Buddy,
I went to hurting and started on antiboitics on my first week of vacation. By Fri. my throat was in good enough shape to go to the shindig that Piper hosted in Mar. Wound up using my sick days and the rest of my vacation trying to get Better. Ain"t ya glad ya had that vacation there to use. And I'm probally not finished with this. Will have to use short term disability. Being sick or hurt really stinks. I hope that when yours is over, its over.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Gerry,

A chiropractor would be something to try. If you don't experience an improvement in a couple of visits, I'd look elsewhere. In fact, I'd also encourage you to get a second opinion from another internist. Sometimes it's really surprising how different a picture a new person can paint for you.

Br'r Bear's acupuncture does fairly well, especially when he heats the needles on his blacksmith forge. Some patients have been seen to clear the 10 rail fence he has out back in a single bound. He has trouble diagnosing from a distance of more than 800 kilometers, (what's that in roman numerals?), and does a pretty good job at close range. Say, anything less than a mile or so, with no hills or trees in the way to block line of sight.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
worked with a guy that had a similar experience years ago

c3 c4 area pinched nerve, went to several orthopedic types and their conclusion was to operate

he decided that either his head was too heavy or his neck muscles too weak and that was causing the pinched nerve

he started doing exercises to build up his neck muscles and his pain went away

he first told me this story in 1971 and as far as I know he still hasn;t been operated on

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Nice try Keith--you make beautiful boats, but I'm guessing you want something more substantial than Monopoly money for one. Once the staples are out I want to start something that can be moved with a sculling oar or a pole. Launching that weight will be a challenge though.

How you coming along Bob? Growing older and being sick still beats one of the alternatives.

Tried the bone cruncher. The bone cruncher damn near paralyzed me permanently in only two easy visits.

Shade Tree should get some electric needles; that way you don't gots ta build a fire at the forge ta heat em up fer the accur-poker stuff!
Need Mr. Edison's friends to wire you up first though.

Good diagnosis guys. Them Shade Tree Medikle docs is ever good as them Mayonaise ones.
All 4 docs came to the same conclusions. Neck disks and carpal tunnel. Verified with MRI and electric needle tests.

CCCCCCCC?

Tick-that's perzactly what I'm doing now with short sessions on a traction machine. Great
results so far.

Press on Regardless!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
BEARS BUDDY said:
Tried the bone cruncher. The bone cruncher damn near paralyzed me permanently in only two easy visits.
That iz the danger with 'em. Never let 'em pull on yer neck.

Shade Tree should get some electric needles; that way you don't gots ta build a fire at the forge ta heat em up fer the accur-poker stuff!
We dont fire up the forge unless we got a asteroid problem. Like Ole Dave Ramsey when he gits folks ta cut up the debt cards, our customers throw away their tubes of Preparation H.

Good diagnosis guys. Them Shade Tree Medikle docs is ever good as them Mayonaise ones.
We had a Good HouseKeepin' Seal til that thing with the dried nutria livers. One of our staff doctors went ta Asheville, Carolina fer a big pow wow of the AMA Guideline doctors. That musta been 2-3 years ago. They had run some polls 'n found that after a few years folks with back truble who had surgery warnt no better off than the ones who sez "no thanks doc". Way too much cuttin' by the sawbones. We dont cut on folks too much anymore. We had a leak that ruint some of our "how to" videos 'n it iz hard ta find a DVD "How ta cut out gall stones". We still make good money off "Doc Holiday's Magic Elixir". It iz some ole time snake oil, with alcohol 'n opium. It will grow hair, cure warts, stop gout, keep skin cancer off ya, git rid of aches 'n pains 'n make ya write long poems.

We rent traction machines. They look like suspenders, but there iz a strap that goes round her head. Good on the neck, but it will keep ya frum snorin' at nite too.

git well soon
bearridge

[D]emocracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.  James Madison

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dang, Ger. Leaking disks are bad. But, that traction machine to stretch your neck will relieve pressure. SAY! Speaking of stretching your neck. I just thought of a way to relieve a lot of pressure there.

Get a stout rope about 20' long. Tie one of them 13 coil nooses in the end, get up on a bucket,.... No wait a minute. You'd better not do that after all. Fergit it.

Lemonhart rum, 151 proof. Ask Piper San or Seedtick to send you some tree ripened limes. Get some clover honey and mix up lime juice and honey, thin it with the rum. One glass a day near bedtime. Yeh! That's the ticket.