Peanut Oil | SouthernPaddler.com

Peanut Oil

JEM

I've never been much for fried foods except for the occasional chicken or turkey.

Maybe partly because I could never seem to cook with it right. Always ended up with a metalic taste.

Anyway, when your wife is a marketing director for the local Chick-fil-a, you learn a thing or 2 about deep frying by default.

The secret to easy and tastey frying: peanut oil. I use it on the rare occasion I pan or deep fry something instead of vegy oil. Makes all the difference in the world for me.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I coudn't agree with you more Matt. I use it in my outdoor cooker for wingsl, turkey, fish, shrimp, and more. The secret to frying is keeping the oil at the proper temperature. If it's too cool, the food you are cooking aborbs the oil. I can't make a turkey unless it's fried in the outdoor cooker. Everyone here loves it that way.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I used peanut oil when it come ta stir fry cuz it kin stand the high heat without smokin'. All the serius catfish fryers use peanut oil.....nuthin' else.

regards
bearridge

Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt. Herbert Hoover

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
I have cooked fish several times. When i,m @ my camp I cook in that good ole cast iron frying pan. Don,t have no problem with fish sticking. when I cook them @ home I some times cook them outside in a cooker . I have used both stainless steel & aluminum pots . Some times the fish stick. Is the problem oil not hot enough or do I nee that peanut oil? (CATFISH)