Pellet pistol | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Pellet pistol

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
bearridge
The best shot I was ever around and that helped me more on my pistol shooting was gentleman in his late 70's and he was still good enough when he went to a match they pretty well shot for second place. Told me shooting a pistol is simple people make it to complicated all you have to do is recognize the target align the sights and pull the trigger with out disturbing that alignment. Dang if he wasn't right
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
tx river rat said:
The best shot I was ever around and that helped me more on my pistol shooting was gentleman in his late 70's
The High Sheriff wuz the shootin' champ of all Florida.....well he wuz the champ tween Oviedo, Geneva, the St. John's River 'n state highroad number 50, but I never heard nobody call him a gentleman. Most folks figger he iz in hiz late 70's. Once he tole this fella he aint reached 70 yet. Fella hung hiz head 'n sez how sorry he iz that the Sparkanator had such a hard life.

I figger he wuz rode hard 'n put up wet a few too many times. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

A hooker once told me she had a headache. Rodney Dangerfield

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That could of been me , I taught a lot of folks how to shoot a handgun , even the ones who were on the pistol team with me. Only one trouble with it , most folks got me mixed up with Burt Reynolds , then they got some glasses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now as far as being rode hard and put away wet.... Bear if anyone would know it should be you... I am still all wet , especially when out camping. :p

Chuckles
PS. A gentleman is one who does not work and I have worked all my life so I am no gentleman , according to Mr.Webster an his book.

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
SPRING-PISTON AIRGUNS

trr wrote:
<why is a spring gun harder to shoot>

Sorry trr---the 'notify of reply' feature on the board isn't working. :?

Spring-powered airguns have a unique recoil pattern that must be accounted for and catered to by duplicating the exact same hold, pressure points and grip strength with each shot or it won't hit the same zipcode twice in a row.
Due to the surge and resulting recoil of the weapon spring guns are unique. While a fierarm has the same general pattern of recoil the spring-gun pattern is followed immediately by the reverse as the heavy piston and spring reach the limits of their travels and the gun responds by surging in the opposite direction. (which also accounts for the well-known ability of springers to wreck centerfire scopes which only have the lens cushioned for one direction of recoil) Much of this monkey-motion occurs before the pellet leaves the barrel so any variation in hold is multiplied by the dual recoil nature of the gun. There are ways to get around it but all of them require intimate familiarity with the weapon. Another case where the one-gun man should be feared. :wink:
Some of the Crosmans have excellent barrels----sounds like you got lucky and got a good one. None of the idiosyncracies of the spring guns apply to the pnuematics plus they aren't nearly so ammo specific as the springers. Good choice! I have a Crosman pump pistol I got for Xmas of '49 that is still accurate to a fault. Tom