Clicky

Perfect vs good enough

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
A little more insight into my troubled mind. I make boats partly ( or maybe even mostly) for the artistic thrill of crafting a 3 dimensional object. The shape is the big thing for me. So, when the sides of a pirogue are fastened together at the ends and clamped to the center jig.......THAT shape is what I'm after. THAT is what my mind wants to see. The rest of the build is anti-climactic and kind of a drudgery. Strange to be me.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joey...
I've been accused of enjoying the building of the boats more then using them. After each one was done I would spend a week or in that neighborhood of time paddling and camping somewhere. ( Looking back , Now I know why my wife was always asking me when am I going to build another boat.) That week was fun but not as enjoyable of watching it come together with each piece of wood , glass and the rest.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Joey...
I've been accused of enjoying the building of the boats more then using them. After each one was done I would spend a week or in that neighborhood of time paddling and camping somewhere. ( Looking back , Now I know why my wife was always asking me when am I going to build another boat.) That week was fun but not as enjoyable of watching it come together with each piece of wood , glass and the rest.
Maybe we need a support group

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some folks are just beyond help so it's a lot better to let then continue on down that sawdust and epoxy soaked path. I was always told to humor the mental unbalanced ( Guess I'm One ) and if all it takes is a zip lock of sawdust , for fillets , that's GREAT...