Pictures of the Twins | SouthernPaddler.com

Pictures of the Twins

islandpiper

Just like a proud Grandpa, here's the pics of the twins. I have some closeups, too, but no time to post them this morning.
twins%201.jpg

twins%202.jpg

twins%203.jpg

Piper

Good looking boats. I'm gonna have to make me one of them pirooouu things someday.
Actually, I'm already planning two boats ahead even though I haven't finished my first. :roll: My next is a kayak, then I want a little sailboat, like a Sunfish, for lakes. 8)

What's the proper pipe tune for boat christening? Not "Steam Boat" obviously. Maybe "Waters of Kylescou" or the one I'm working on right now, "At Long Last." :lol: :lol: It's going to be one of our G5 competition tunes.

ani_piper_1.gif

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
jcubero said:
Good looking boats

ani_piper_1.gif

Does anyone hear that ... The two cats fighting or is a fan belt slipping on someone's car .... No .. it is the power steering unit going bad.

Ya darn fool ......It is a boat builder christening his boat. Well, I sure wish he would stop scratching his fingernails on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
I know I am in trouble now. :oops:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Javier,

What would Shogun's Farewell sound like on bagpipes?

regards
bearridge

The Super Bowl has become so commercialized, its religious meaning is in danger of being lost completely. John Alejandro King

bearridge said:
Friend Javier,

What would Shogun's Farewell sound like on bagpipes?

Um...like Shogun's Farewell? :p
I'd have to see some music to know if it could even be done on the pipes. We're limited to just over one octave range, so many tunes don't map well.

First guy that responds "like a cat being squeezed, just like every other tune," gets shot. :evil:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I was thinking that you could carry a solar powered blower mechanism in the badger skin sporran, run a hose up to the main combustion chamber (equipped with a hemi-head, of course) and reach three or four octave ranges.

Yma Sumac - who had the voice of the Xtabay - was able to get there. Surely, some canny Scots can hack it?

Thinking about it further, you'd better have a vibration-free blower motor in that sporran. Wouldn't want you guys getting TOOOO excited out there on the playing field. That'd gum up the works, ehh?

islandpiper

inverted

Uncle Jack......the one boat is for me. Inverted one is pretties and will be varnished. It is for my friend John Wong. Much of his family is still in Hong Kong, so that explains the nearly inverted placement. For Hairy Mick, you'd have to invert it and turn it ene-for-end as he is in the Southern Hemisphere.

Tequila on the rocks is a poor substitute.

Piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Mick,

I have a flat bottomed canoe. An Old Town Camper. That was the boat that convinced me to go to a rounder bottomed boat. Whitecaps on the Mio reservoir raised the pucker factor so much you could've cut donuts off my ....

I'll stick to the round bottoms, t'ank ya ver much.