Pinckney Cafe' Pimento Cheese & Others Recipes | SouthernPaddler.com

Pinckney Cafe' Pimento Cheese & Others Recipes

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The holidays are almost here and this is darn good , even better on a hamburger.

Pinckney Cafe Pimento Cheese

2 cups white Vermont (sharp) cheddar, coarsely grated ( one block) ..... ½ cup mayonnaise .....
2 tablespoons to ¼ cup chopped pimento .... 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped Spanish olives ( the green ones)
¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice ..... White or Black pepper to taste

1. Grate the cheese using the largest holes on you grater. 2. Mix together all the ingredients , mashing the pimentos with a fork as you mix.( if you want to) Refrigerate until ready to serve. If you want cheeseburgers that are out of this world mix some of this in with the meat before cooking , than cook either in the pan or on the grill, the amount you put in is to taste but for me the more the better.
2. When getting the pimentos a small ¼ cup jar is just enough, also when I make this everyone in this area enjoys it and my wife told me to keep this in stock because it can be used with ANYTHING, including snacks. ( CAUTION IT IS NOT LOW IN FAT OR DIETETIC , BUT A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, SOMETIMES.)

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuckles....I had to dust this off and bring it out again. I'm done w-o-r-k-i-n-g until next year. Mizzus Yak has a lunch at the office on Thursday and asked me if I would make Chucky Cheeses Pinckney Cafe' Pimento Cheese ball! She remembered it from last year. I said of course I would. Anyway Miz Deen from Savannah has a similar recipe I stole from a book I bought Momma for Christmas. I think your recipe is better because of that white Vermont cheddar you use. What the hell are you doing using Yankee Cheese! :shock:
Anyway, when the office persons ask for the recipe, she'll call it Chucky Cheeses Pinckney Cafe Pimento Cheese! Your Famous!!!

Paula Deen Style
One 8 oz pkg shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
One 8 oz pkg shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
One 4 oz jar of pimentos with juice
1/4 cup mayo
S&P

Mix cheeses with pimentos and juice.
Stir in mayo.
Stir until well blended.
Add S&P and stir.
Keep in fridge until ready to use.

Like I said, I think yours is better cause of that Yankee cheese!
:wink: :lol:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuck,
Pat wanted me to find your special recipe for Thanksgiving at future Daughter-in-laws......She says it still the best.

She gives me little jobs while I'm on the mend.

Still another version of it. Pat picks up Dukes mayonnaise everytime we are in the South. Southern Gal at heart I guess.
http://www.dukesmayo.com

Tricia's Pimento Cheese
Ingredients

* 12oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese
* 12oz. Vermont white cheddar cheese
* 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
* 4oz. jar pimentos
* Duke's Mayonnaise (start with one cup)

Preparation

* Drain pimentos. Place onion quarters in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade and pulse until finely chopped. Add drained pimentos and pulse again. Scrape into a large bowl. Grate the cheese either with the food processor or by hand and then combine with the onion and pimento mixture. Mix thoroughly with as much Duke's as you like.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuckles....When I made a batch at Thanksgiving, I shook some Old Bay into it. The boys thought I put crab in the mix, they loved it! :lol:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Re: Pinckney Cafe' Pimento Cheese

Chuckles...... I already made two double batches of this and I was asked to make more for New Years! Ya hit a home run!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

Made up a batch of the cheese ( a big batch ) and then packed it into individual containers ( the plastic 10 oz ones ) and delivered them to the neighbors and friends as a Christmas Eve Present to enjoy with the meal tonight or tomorrow.

As one neighbor told me ..All Smiles.. "O" I remember this from last year and it will not last to long. I even included a small pack of Ritz Crackers with the cheese and called it a starter kit. :D

Also delivered a container of the wife's home made Cranberry delight which everyone when smelling it said it smelled like Christmas since it has all the good spices in it. Along with that and the cheese was some Pumpkin Bread ,some good eats.

That Cranberry Delight when/while it is cooking down with all the spices in it sure makes the house smell good. The pumpkin bread in the oven sure does not hurt things. :lol:

Chuck.

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas

I hope you each have had a wonderful Christmas and are blessed in the New Year.

If you like pimento cheese spread the way I do you might like to try this recipe. It is the best I have ever come up with and to date I have tasted none better made anywhere else. For a different taste you can roast or sauté the red bell pepper first if you like. You can use any mayonnaise or miracle whip but none makes this recipe taste as well as Dukes mayonnaise.
I want to pass some of my favorite recipes on for others to enjoy in case I never get my Cook book finished. This goes wonderfully well with the homemade cracker recipe that is also attached. When I make it for the grand kids I leave out the hot sauce and cayenne. Feel free to share with whom ever you like, ET

Ed’s Favorite Pimento Cheese

Ingredients
1 cup sharp orange cheddar, grated
(Substitute Colby Jack for milder flavor or change)
½ block of Velveeta Cheese
½ Red Bell Pepper minced
1/2 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
½ cup pimiento peppers, drained and chopped (7-oz. jar)
¼ cup sweet onion minced
1 tsp. Ed’s Brisket Rub
¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
1 squeeze of lime juice
Dash of Louisiana Red Hot Sauce or Tabasco

Preparation
I run the onion, red pepper, pimentos and Velveeta through the food processor first and combine with all the other ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a big wood spoon. Serve immediately, or cover, refrigerate, and let flavors marinate.
Add more mayonnaise to reach the spreadable consistency you desire.
Pour in a little dill pickle juice if you like the tangy vinegar taste.

Cheese Crackers

1 and 1/4 Cups Flour
1 Egg
½ Stick Soft Butter
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I like Cheddar/Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack)

Optional Seasonings add any or all as you please
Cayenne Pepper 1/8 teaspoon
Red Pepper Flakes ½ teaspoon
1 jalapeno pepper (seeds and stem removed)

Or add your favorite herbs

Garnish top with kosher or sea salt and parsley flakes if desired.

Make a dough ball of all ingredients, except garnish, in food processor.
Roll out dough on lightly floured board.
Cut in to strips or desired cracker shapes, you may punch holes in cracker dough with a thin tined fork if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees until light golden brown or about 20 minutes.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I cleaned up this post so folks would be able to locate all the recipes easier and listed it & others recipes. :D

Ed.. I will have to try yours , it sounds darn good but if you don't mind I will stay with the Xtra Sharp Vermont White Cheddar , it has a bite to it that I enjoy. ( As I sit here munching a cracker with the cheese spread on it ) :D

Chuck........

adiliu88

Dec 14, 2011
Re:

oldyaker said:
Chuckles....When I made a batch at Thanksgiving, I shook some Old Bay into it. The boys thought I put crab in the mix, they loved it! :lol:

i loved it too.. 8)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Christmas 2012 and as normal I had to make a another double batch of this for the family and to hand out as Christmas gifts to the neighbors.
I got a tickle and had to smile when I asked Mary ( the youngest daughter ) what she wanted and she told me that she wanted that cheese mix I always make. I have a lot for Christmas when everyone is over here with the old folks. It was also requested from the Oldest daughter ( Laura ) so there is plenty for everyone when they are here.
Mary's other request that she wanted before going back to Canada was a Shrimp and Scallop supper that I make. That will be supper one night before they take out for home. :D

Chuck......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here I go again , going over to the oldest daughters for Christmas and asked what do I need to bring.......... I had a sneaky idea what the answer would be and I was right.....Your Pimento Cheese dip and Ritz Crackers.

Christmas 2018
Again this year , all she wants me to bring is this cheese mix. She even told me she already has the crackers to go with it.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuckles.... hard to believe you posted this recipe in November 2003.... and here I am 16 years later still making it over the holidays because everyone asks for it!
The fly in the ointment is I have to use Dukes Mayo because they know the difference!
I use to have to stock up on Dukes when I went South because we couldn’t get it here. Now the last couple years Dukes finally made it North.