Piper Bragging Again | SouthernPaddler.com

Piper Bragging Again

islandpiper

Can't help but brag, here is my daughter and I after a recent performance of "An Orkney Wedding With Sunrise" . I was honored to play Solo with the LYO on Feb. 10. This is proof that if you put something pretty by a geezer the picture is saved.

Piper

0210081634.jpg

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
So you did get to play. That just wonderful. I hoped you would get to do your march to center front stage.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
A happy occasion for you, I know.

Pleased as all get out for you my friend. I know you and your daughter will treasure that night forever.

You be right, tho, 'bout havin' her in that pichur with youse. But, I cain't help but notice who wear da britches at your house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Pop,
Be careful now. He may have on a dress but he is also wearing (what i presume is) BEARSKIN. Knowing how frugal Scots are we know two things. He didn't buy the bearskin, and he didn't buy a bullet to shoot it with. He probally painted hisself blue and used his bear hands and teeth to subdue the bear. Comes under the heading of "Just how big a boy are ya".
Just look at them. I'm thinking Piper is one lucky man.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Piper San is a very fortunate man. He has the balls to uproot and change the direction of his Life. He takes wood - one of god's greatest creations - and makes musical instruments - one of man's greatest creations. (He also creates sawdust which is useful in making boats.)

He has great kids, and his wife is a special person, loving and kind.

He drinks good scotch, too.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Weeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...... 'cept for the scotch thing.....I reckon he be an awright feller.......... :lol:

as fer d'scotch :shock: :roll: ......there be no accountin' fer taste...... :lol:

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Kayak Jack said:
Yahhs, taste. Only blue blood gentlemen prefer Scotch. We let the unwashed drink as they choose. :p :p

(Fire in the hole!)

Well, how ya's like dem bacons! Jack done gone and admitted it! He ain't from roun' these parts a'tall!!!!! He done gone 'n' landed here from some odder planet!!!!!!!

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Keith, in all seriousness, though....when you take in all the fun I've pokin' at you and Jack this morning.... (and whilst I hate to confess to some of that Scottish heritage where Jack can see it.....lawdy laws laws...) I do have a question for you regarding kilts. What is the heritiage and tradition of the kilt and when exactly did it begin. The Patton family has connection to Scotland and I've just always been a bit curious about it.

Ok, Jack....now that I've gone an opened up myself for your bomb blasts, bring 'em on....I's a Texican....I's kin handle it........ :lol: :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I may, in obvious jest, poke fun at someone's genealogical or geographical heritage, but never in seriousness. That would be an insult and would deserve damned near anything I would receive in return. None of us chose our parents, and, if their wales of anguish during midnight illnesses of childhood can be believed, they didn't choose us either.

My heritage, I'm told, is about 3/4 German and the rest is whatever was coming down the road at the time.

Ever hear the joke about the three tabby cats, all pregnant at the same time? First one comments, coyly, "My kittens will all be black, because the tom who got me was a large, black, tom cat of male proportions."

Next one says, "My lovely kittens will all be brown, because the handsome tom cat who got me was a lovely, chocolate brown."

Third cat says, "I have no idea what color mine will be. My head was stuck in a tuna fish can at the time."

islandpiper

SD, the kilt is an OLD bit of clothing........especially the Great Kilt, about 16 Yards of material that was wrapped around the waist and tied, then over the shoulder and across the chest, a one piece outfit.....wear it all day and wrap up in it at night. The "small kilt" is what we use today, as is mine, a mere 8-yards (twenty-four feet) along the bottom selvedge edge. It weighs in at just under 8 pounds.

My Plaid, (pron: PLAYED not PLAAAD) , the fabric thing I have across my chest, over the shoulder and hanging down is a 6-yards long and weighs a couple more pounds.

Total weight of the uniform as you see it above is right about 26-pounds.

My kilt is the Shaw Tartan, as I am a Shaw on my Mother's side.

Thanks for asking, Piper