Pirogue 14-29 V? | SouthernPaddler.com

Pirogue 14-29 V?

bsmit24

Apr 16, 2012
Baton Rouge
Hi everyone, after a minor incident with my fiberglass pirogue and the interstate at 65mph I was thinking about trying my hand at building one. I ran across this forum after googling "v" bottom pirogue and am curious if anyone has built the pirogue 14-29 with a V bottom similar to the TV series.

After looking through several threads but by no means all of them, what difference does the "V" bottom in performance compared to a multichine bottom like the Eno?

Thanks in advance bsmit24

JEM

Both of those are my designs.

The Eno will more of a predictable stability feel as you lean left or right.

The TV will have less predictable feel than the Eno, but a little more than a 3-panel pirogue. The V will help tracking a little and provide a stiffer hull bottom.

bsmit24

Apr 16, 2012
Baton Rouge
Thanks JEM. I have a 12' with a 21" chine bottom and 28" max beam which is very tippy and a 14' with a 24" chine bottom and 32" max beam which is more stable and since I will likely have my young son (3.5 yo) with me stable is good. :mrgreen:

Has anyone added the "V" to the 14-29 that you know of?

Phishtech

Jul 30, 2009
bsmit24 said:
JEM said:
correction: I do have a set of TPV plans.

Sorry, I am not sure what that is. Is that one of the larger asymmetrical pirogues?

Yes, it is. I'm currently building the TP and Matt added the V bottom for me. I've already built the TPV (with tumblehomes) and love it. So far the best boat I have, even better than my plastic ones. The TPV is very responsive, smooth to paddle, turns on a dime, tracks as straight as an arrow, and stable. What more could you ask for. The TP w/V will be built as light as I can, and I'll keep a build log posted as soon as I get a little further into it. Matt's TP design is a winner even with the flat bottom, it's even better with the V. Phishtech (Link to TPV below)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8552