Pirogue "accessories"? | SouthernPaddler.com

Pirogue "accessories"?

TX_yakker

Sep 23, 2008
So i dont know why i never thought of this before, but i'm going to add a few accessories to my duck boat. When i hunted out of it last season I had a handheld GPS, and i'd always keep it in the dry box sitting on the floor. Well, having the spaces along the inner rub rail. I'm going to take a wood block that slips nicely into that gap, put a removeable pin in the bottom (so i dont lose the thing in case i flip), and then some how mount a GPS bracket to that block. I've also been thinking about having some kind of "accessory tray" that would hang down inside the boat, big enough to hold a box of shells and maybe a coffee cup :)
I'm currently deployed and my connection is kind of slow in my room, but i'll browse the forums tomorrow for pictures. Has anyone else created any kind of accessory things like this? I know i've seen removeable rod holders along these same lines, but how bout anything else? I cant wait to get back to the States so i can start actually taking my drawings and ideas and putting them to wood!