Pizza Topped Steak | SouthernPaddler.com

Pizza Topped Steak

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Stormy weather here today, can't work on patio renovation project......or grille outside with lightning bolts flying around. Maybe some of this with a side of pasta and plenty of Dago Red tonight. :wink: It's simple and we like simple!

Pizza Topped Steak

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 boneless beef strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.

2. Season the steaks on both sides with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.

3. Push vegetables to edge of pan. Place steaks in pan and brown them for 2-3 minutes on each side.

4. Add the diced tomatoes, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, uncover skillet, and simmer for 7 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the steaks and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired doneness. Serve immediately.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You fellas have seen and read all the great recipes that Yakus Chewicus contributes. All, fantabulous eating.

Has anyone ever seen him do the 100 yard dash. A record breaking 9 hours! He farts faster than he can run.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Looks like he woke up dreamin' bout vittles agin. Young fellas wake up dreamin' bout other stuff. I bet Ole Sparkler woke up frum a dream where he hustled all the ole golden age folks on the shuffleboard court......won all their dope. :wink:

I woke up wishin' summer wuz over. :?

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
Sad about you guys; I woke up with a smile on my face. Someone else did too.

So you let the cat sleep in the bed last night...... :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's Pizza topped steak ... :roll:

So where is the pizza dough , I keep rereading the recipe and still haven't found out where the pizza dough goes.

Could it be that the Chief left it out , do you use the pre-made a person can get from the deli or do you make your own from scratch :?:
Not to repeat myself but where does the pizza dough go ?????? Man I'm going to hate myself for asking that.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Use crackers instead of dough Chuckles....

:roll: Florida Crackers.........what would we do with out them? :? :cry:

Actually,,,the storms passed threw and I'm able to get back on the home project for a spell. It'll make that pizza steak and Dago Red taste twice as good this evening!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Use crackers instead of dough Chuckles....

:roll: Florida Crackers.........what would we do with out them? :? :cry:

Honorary Florida Cracker , only lived here 63 years ( Yep , a transplant) so I guess looking at the stale date on a cracker ( the wife just brought in some fresh ones from the grocery) that makes me one very stale cracker , Honorary of course but a true Grit , threw and threw. :lol:

Grits is good
Grits is great
Gab a bowl or a plate
No one can eat just one. :D

http://www.grits.com/

Chuck.