Planning new powered pirogue | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Planning new powered pirogue

tw541

Feb 18, 2008
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Bob

I built the two electric boats from a set of custom plans Matt provided. They are complete except for the camoflage I had planned. I had them inspected and registered in Arizona, however they have not been used since testing them. I have since retired from the National Park Service in Arizona and we moved to Mountain Home, Arkansas this spring.

These boats would have been ideal for Millwood lake in south Arkansas, where we had originally planned to retire. They worked great and I was well pleased with their stability and performance. They would have been great for the shallow stump filled waters of Millwood. I don't think they would be as useful here in the Ozarks.

I now live about a mile from a boat ramp on Lake Norfork and have a big boat for the big lake. I can also be trout fishing on the White River in about thirty minutes driving time. I am considering my options for a boat for the White River. I have the plans for the 16ft Sasquatch canoe from Matt that I bought a couple of years ago. I am considering it for a boat for my wife and I to use for day floats. There are numerous sections of the river that would be a good day trip.

Being retired is great. Being retired and living in the Ozarks is even better. I haven't posted in a couple of years, but I still check the forums.

Terry

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
I did not hit anything, I just wanted the shaft shorter because the waters where it was going to be used the handle would be above eye level so the prop would not strike bottom. It would have looked like ape bars on a chopper. :mrgreen: