Plum Tired | SouthernPaddler.com

Plum Tired

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
This is not really cooking, just getting ready to. For about 2 weeks when I get in from work at about 8:00 in the evening I pick the okra and pick up plums from under my plum trees. Get a few here and a few there. This week they really turned on. With the rain we have been getting they are jumping out of their skins. When I got home yesterday my wife told me that she had picked up plums earlier in the day. I went out and plums were everywhere. There were a lot in the tree that was ready. I rapped the trunk on one of the trees sharply with the palm om my hand and about got my silly a$$ knocked out. On the other trees I would whack them and jump back out of harms way. Got them all picked up and brought them in the house. Said to the wife "Look what I have". Her eyes got bit, her jaw dropped and she said."Awww s&*t. We washed ,cleaned, bagged, and froze the whole plums to cook nown later for jelly. We have processed about 15 gal. of plums. I have never got that many plums off my trees before. Everytheng worked out just right this year. ya just take what you can get when you get it.
Bob