1-1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 sticks cinnamon
2 whole cloves
3 strips lemon peel & orange peel
1 bottle vodka

Combine honey with the water, vanilla, spices and the lemon & orange peel in a large saucepan. Bring this to a boil cover, and simmer for about 5 min. Strain.
Add vodka, remove from the heat serve hot or cold.

DocMobius

Aug 25, 2003
Wasola, Missouri
Thanks

Finally a reply for my camp heater, after 2 or 3 cups, I'll either warm up or just won't give a hoot. :shock: Sounds almost as good as my Rum or Kaluha Balls, for the holidays. :D

You know, now that I don't have a time clock to hit, everyday could be a holiday. :roll:

DocMobius :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kahuna

For the holidays .... get some fresh cranberries, a little sugar, and put them in a glass jug. Now add the vodka (re cap it) and let it sit for a week or two.

Rebottle the mix after you strain it and you have cranberry vodka. I did the same thing with fresh blackberries and took that to the Okefenokee with me on one trip.

I should not tell you this but the coons that were raiding our camp just loved it, the message here is don't have it in a plastic bottle and leave it outside overnight. I am sure they liked it ....there wasn't any left.

They even ate our used coffee grounds that night , right out of the pot. Must have wanted a cup of coffee for the road. :roll:
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Flavored Vodka

I've made flavored vodka by simply adding (separately):
orange rind
lemon rind
hot red peppers & black peppercorns
vanilla

An interesting phenomenon is that if sipped straight, vodka produces what I call a HEAT FLASH. It simply blooms with heat in your mouth. But, soak a few slices of orange rind in it a week, and it is cool, sweet, and smooth to sip.

Interesting! Cheapest vodka and some garbage produce a sweet, smooth sipping drink. Go Figure.