Pre-Geezer surgery | SouthernPaddler.com

Pre-Geezer surgery

islandpiper

My son Mike, a pre-geezer, had shoulder surgery today. Ouch! It was all scope, so things are different than they used to be. His recovery should be faster then the old style "open joint" surgery.

I'm betting he'll milk it and get all the attention he can from his bride. heck, I always do.

piper

islandpiper

I have passed your posts on to Mike. He says THANKS for the good thoughts. I never taught him how to sip Talisker. I did teach him how to bait a hook and split firewood, however.

He had a nerve block in the arm and "twilight" anesthesia and he was overjoyed when he could feel his fingers again yesterday about noon.

He and his wife have been living in NW wisconsin and working in Minneapolis. He has taken a new position with a large design/build firm in Omaha and they will be there and back to work by about the 15th of the month. He'll probably have the only pirogue in Nebraska, might be a good platform for walleye fishing. Time will tell.

piper

islandpiper

Here's Mike. This was during the SE Louisiana Icecapades at Port Vincent this year. He has been favoring that left shoulder, as shown by his use of the right arm to lift the dutch oven lid. I think his job at this point was to guard the D O from hungry Mississippians and professional pirogue builders. Simmering in that pot is a whole chicken and about 4 1/2 pounds of cut up chicken on a double pack of stuffing mix and some secret spices. piper
DSCF0019.jpg