Presents & Parties | SouthernPaddler.com

Presents & Parties

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Well, I wrapped the first of a few gifts for this season. Some of them were autographed books by ..... what's his name ...... Gershwin, or something like that. :wink: Bald Cypress taught me a neat lesson - use out of date aeronautical charts for gift wrapping. Lord knows I have a lot of'em!

I'm at an age when practical gifts seem appropriate - whether getting or giving. Levi's for my Son and Granddaughter. DeLorme Street Atlas for Pauline (a lady friend of the female persuasion) and my Son. Katie and Isabella (her little sister) are getting some toys - inevitable. Katie is also getting some toasted squash seeds. Her and I have done that since she was about 4, and she goes through them like crap through a tin goose.

Our Christmas party at the Masonic Lodge is tonight; I'll be Santa this year. Katie will, of course, again be a Santa's helper, running gifts to folks all over the room. The ladies in their 80's and 90's giggle and tee-hee as much as the kids. It's a very Midwest-small town-Americana event - if Norman Rockwell were still alive, he'd be there painting it for the Saturday Evening Post cover.

I look forward to it every year, for most of the year. It's potluck dinner, and boy!! - can those ladies cook!! I gain 30 pounds just sitting here thinking about it AARRGGHH!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Have all my shopping done , finished up today , FINALLY. :D

Cashiers checks to the kids since that is the easy way to send packages threw the mail and especially out of the country and NO ONE turns down money.
Lots of incidental things like Lady Bug cooking timers , candies and home made cookies to make folks happy. When we go over to the oldest daughters for Christmas we have some more goodies to deliver. Darn good thing the wife has that over sized red truck of hers. :lol:

Speaking of the wife.............
"O" Boy .... there is that big bag of roasted peanuts in the shells ( wrapped in a box ) I got for the wife and a can of ripe olives also gift wrapped . :lol: :lol: :lol:
So far that is all that's under the tree for her but on the 24th a crew will be out here to deliver and to hook up a 40 inch wide flat screen TV for her enjoyment. ( She will be off from work and at home on the 24th and I don't have to gift wrap it) The salesman was telling me that with netflex it can even be hooked up to the computer. What will they think of next. I passed on that option.

By the way the Sunday Funnies ( comics ) in full color makes good wrapping paper.

Myself ... This Santa got himself a Claxton Fruit Cake , actually 2 of them , one regular and one dark for the camping trip later on. The dark one has Molasses in it and the light has Rum...YUM..... 8) I like to take them for snacks , especially during the holidays. Will have to get another dark one since for some reason chunks of it keep missing when I get the munchies.

I still have to make the Pinckney Cafe' Pimento Cheese for the neighbors and some parties but that will be next week just before Christmas. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=397

Merry Christmas to all of you and a very Happy New Year.