Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars.

This is from the Honeyville Blog.
http://honeyvillefarms.blogspot.com/201 ... DFpVBYjBEs

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Honeyville Sunflower Seeds
3 cups Honeyville 6 Grain Rolled Cereal ( I used Quaker 5 min oats )
1/2 cup Almonds ( I used chopped up Pecan Nuts instead )
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2/3 cup Honey
6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions:
First, roast your sunflower seeds. ( Got the already roasted ones , salted so I skipped the salt the Recipe calls for )

To do this, spread your seeds on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine seeds, 6 grain rolled cereal, almonds, salt, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and mix together until completely combined.
In a separate, microwavable bowl, add coconut oil and honey and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, add vanilla, and stir until combined.
Pour honey/coconut oil mix over dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are full mixed.
Taking your USA Square Cake Pan, place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom.
Pour ingredients into pan, then, using another sheet of parchment paper, press ingredients firmly throughout pan until they are evenly distributed. Place in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
Once chilled, remove and place on a cutting board.
These granola bars are everything you're hoping for on a cool autumn day. The honey and coconut oil give these bars the perfect amount of sweetness, all while keeping this creation together. The pumpkin pie spice rings throughout the bar and gives you that fall-time taste and aroma you've been hoping for. This bar is the perfect after-school snack, hiking or walking buddy, or just the right treat for that midnight craving.
Fall is all about pumpkins, and with a granola bar like this, it's clear to see why!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Made a batch.

They are pretty good but really sweet with all the sugar and honey. If anything the next batch will have 1/2 the sugar but the same amount of honey since it is used to hold every thing together.
"O" By the way they are really ( Honey ) sticky. :lol:
I am keeping them in the frig since warming them would really make the Honey run.