Quick'N Eat Beef Patties........... | SouthernPaddler.com

Quick'N Eat Beef Patties...........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The wife and I have been busy doing some house remolding so today she went to cosco and got some groceries.

One of the things she purchased was the Fully cooked 100% Choice ANGUS Beef patties by Quick'N Eat .
What got my attention was the ...... * Contains no artificial ingredients and minimally processed , which I took as cooked and frozen. Yep ... Right , Give me a break. :roll:

When I was putting the chow away in the freezer and frig I looked at them and thought ..... OK , Some really nice door stops , These things have to be next door to sawdust , or chow for pup's. He will eat anything , even my cooking.

They are already cooked so it is a simple process , take one frozen out an toss it into the nuck mochine for two minutes or until warm ....... Or the pan with a 1/4 cup of water for 5 minutes or on the grill for 5 minutes.

I got a surprise...... The 1/3 pound burger which was charbroiled and warmed in the nuker was really delicious.

These packed in a cooler when out camping would be some fast food that has a good flavor to it , The Dam things are good.

One patty per camper , on a bun with some good sharp cheese , a slice of onion , a slice of tomato would be a real pleasure. OK... Two burgers per paddler , I know how you guy's like to eat.:lol: A quick an easy , filling meal for everyone and including the camp cook with no cleaning up , just eating and having some fun.

The ingredients are Beef , Water , Spices, Sea Salt , Natural Flavorings ( what ever they are ) From http://lopezfoods.com/

12 patties , 1/3 pound patties per package......... With a good flavor , Did I say these are really good :?:

Servings size 1 Patty (113g)
Servings per container 12
Calories...280......... Calories from fat........170

Total fat .............19g ..............daily value 30%
sat fat.................7g ................................36%
Trans Fat..............1g
Cholesterol ..........65mg............................22%
Sodium ...............350mg ...........................15%
Total Carbs................................................. 0%
Dietary................. 0g.................................. 0%
Sugars .................0g
Protein .................24g

Vitamin A........ 0%
Calcium ........ 4%
Vitamin C ........0%
Iron................15%
Percent daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
So Chuckles..........Am I to assume you will provide these fine burgers on our next paddl'n/camping expedish'n?

Dad raised angus on the farm.....mighty fine beef.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
So Chuckles..........Am I to assume you will provide these fine burgers on our next paddl'n/camping expedish'n?

Dad raised angus on the farm.....mighty fine beef.

Yep , and you guys will think I spent all day cooking......... Better bring some extra Dago Red Wine for this hard working camp chief... :roll: .. It would be needed so I can cut the mustard , cheese and onions just the right way , forget cooking the burgers , that was already done for me.
Besides as you know from your cooking for us ... Hit really pays benefits to keep the camp cook happy.:oops:

Just don't tell Jack or anyone else ( Especially that Bear Ridge guy) , I want them to think I worked my fingers to the bone fixing supper.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Yak me & you are thinking on the same line. I see all these mighty fine recipees chucky is giving. I wan,t to find out for my self if he knows what he is talking about or just blowing smoke.

Me & you can be the camp judge. :D :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
catfish said:
I wan,t to find out for my self if he knows what he is talking about or just blowing smoke.

Me & you can be the camp judge. :D :lol:

Beanie Wienies for both of you , cold right out of the can..... The rest of us will chow down on the good stuff .........

PSsssssssss, Save me a can , I love them but don't tell anyone.

Chuck.
PS. By the way no one has lost any weight on the trips when I was the cook , or oldyaker....... If anything we gained weight, we do eat good and lots of it.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Chuck yea I like to eat too. When I go camping or hunting I may not bag anything but most of the time i,m gona eat good if nothing else. :D

So beanie wenies for me & yak. Sounds great with some gritzzzz I guess beggers cant be choozey aye. :(

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Now Chuckles.....Ya gotta feel sorry for Bearridge.....He's down at Lost Mine right now looking over at where we had the kitchen tarp last year.....big bearridge tears in his eyes.....thinking of that Low Country Boil I did last May.....and that beautiful Cajun Beef you did the very next day. Wonder what MRE he selected for tonight? :mrgreen: Green was always his favorite emoticon. :wink:

Chuck is right Cat.....We ain't smart but we eat very well! Part of the fun. We both love to cook as well.....than watch the satisfied faces.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You braggarts remind me of the ad of the gal who did Rice Krispy cookies. She scattered powdered sugar all over her face and messed up her hair to make the family think she'd really been working.

What a bunch of fakes! I dehydrate my own food and add them together to make up my own packets and vac pack them. THAT'S what a real man does.

SJCHEEZE!

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Low country boil now that,s what i,m talking about. :D

One of you geezers is stretching the truth. :lol: I know it cain,t be chucky since he,s a good ole southerner.

I like to cook too I just don,t have as many recipees & certificates under my belt as you geezers. :lol: I can boil water without scorching it & cook gritz. :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Catfishicus Boilicus,

I'm expecting that you - like me - are a cast iron cooker. If it can be cooked in cast iron (and what can't??!!) then I can cook it.

Only, my buddies got tired of portaging the heavy thing, and I now use a MSR anodized aluminum cook set. Does OK.

I have a dehydrator and a food saver (bags with vacuum) so I prepare most of my meals ahead. Like making our own boats, making your own meals gets easier. I do not carrry any refrigeration or ice along. Everything has to store at room temperature.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Did I read Jacks posts right ... Did he say he is expecting something in some Cast iron pots , plus his buddies got tired of making porage for him so now he is all dehydrated and shriveled up while saving the food.

Sounds to me like he needs to go on a Cracker Barrel diet of Strawberry Sundays and get back to normal. I heard he can suck one of them down faster then industrial shop vacuums could. :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Did that last year, Mouse; working on dehydrating pretty girls now.

Other projects:
(1) To save money, I trained my dog to not eat. But, just got him trained and he died.
(2) Water that runs uphill. I figure this will help on river trips - no more need for a car shuttle.
(3) Rivers that run in a circle. In case #2 doesn't work out.
(4) Preheated frying pans to reduce fuel required on trips. Weight savings.
(5) Gritz that taste good and don't stick to trees, boats, docks, fingers, etc. Betty Crocker had given up on this quest, so I'm trying now. I have two sponsors already - the Portland Cement Company, and an unnamed epoxy company.

kc4zvw

Oct 26, 2003
Chuluota, Florida
www.billsbrough.org
Kayak Jack said:
Other projects:

(2) Water that runs uphill. I figure this will help on river trips - no more need for a car shuttle.

I bought a jug of this water a couple of years ago. A gift shop near St. Ignace in the upper peninsula of Michigan sells one gallon jugs. My jug is
half empty after the lid started leaking and then left a water stain on the ceiling.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

regards,

Truthful Dave

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
Kayak Jack said:
ALL RIGHT!! Finally! A fellow professional bullshitter!

I considered turning pro once.
But wasn't projected to go high enough in the draft, so I retain my amateur status to this day. Maybe a Canadian league, an indoor league or an Xtreme league will form and I can get a walk-on spot.

DM

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Jack if I ain,t wrong I believe it,s your day to be picked on. :lol:

Chuck he may mean,t he was like the three bears poraging on grits. :lol: :)