Ragtime Willies Cajun/Italian Dalad Dressing | SouthernPaddler.com

Ragtime Willies Cajun/Italian Dalad Dressing

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I might be overstepping my bounds on this one :roll: but one of the guy's (bearridge) makes his own salad dressing and has shared it with some of us by e-mail so here it is.

He is to modest to post it his own self and I needed a place to have it for safe keeping and thought this would be a good place to save it. NO NOT THE DRESSING ...The recipe for it :D Knowing ole Bear it has to be a salad dressing with a Cajun kick to it since he is a Mississippian and delta ridge runner.

Now for Ragtime Willie's Cajun/Italian Salad Dressing:

2 tblsp. Zatarians Shrimp & Crab Boil
2 big chopped garlic cloves
2 tblsp. salt (soon to be Kosher salt) or salt saved from pretzels
1 tblsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tap. white pepper
3/4 cup tap water
2 cups red wine vinegar

Put dry ingredients into a small saucepan add water bring to boil
reduce heat and simmer a few minutes [use gas....no idea how anyone cooks with electric stove] let sit and cool a bit add 1 cup of vinegar (swishing the liquid around to get the goody off the side of the pan)
add other cup of vinegar pour into empty red wine vinegar bottles or similar containers....with small hole for sprinkling store in refrigerator (garlic cloves)

When ready for salad, sprinkle the spicy liquid, then add olive oil [getting the right quantities is harder than you might think, so don't get discouraged if you use too much spicy liquid....it gets easier]

*note (when I say Zatarains, I don't mean the mixtures I give geezers on expeditions...those are usually no more than 50% Zatarains.....use it full strength here, unless you want to tone it down a bit. If you tone it down, call it Italian dressing, not Cajun Italian dressing)